Josh has a busy and developing property damage practice. His current and recent instructions include:
- Advising on prospects in a claim against a plumber concerning allegedly negligent installations of shower fittings;
- Settled a Reply in a contribution claim against a sub-contractor relating to flooding damage in a new-build property following allegedly defective plumbing works;
- Advising insurer clients and settling Particulars of Claim with respect to an electricity failure at commercial premises against multiple defendants;
- Settling a defence to a claim against a local authority for subsidence allegedly caused by tree roots;
- Advising as to prospects with respect to a substantial escape of water claim involving issues of sufficiency of warning notices and scope of duty;
- Advised in relation to prospects of success in a claim relating to fire damage from a recycling plant, including issues concerning Rylands v Fletcher liability in cases of fire damage;
- Settling defences and advising with respect to six-figure property damage claims related to fire damage.
Selected CasesView full profile »
Winner of the Times Law Awards (2016): First Prize Essay on “Does Europe need a new legal framework to tackle the crisis of mass migration?”
Winner of the Maitland Advocacy Prize (2015), contesting the matter of European Ventures LLP & others v Cedar Capital Partners LLC  UKSC 45.
Gray’s Inn (2016): Bedingfield Scholarship.
Gray’s Inn (2015): CPE/GDL Award.
City Law School (2015): GDL Scholarship.
- “When Insolvency Trumps Rough Justice: Injunctions and Stays of Execution of Adjudication Proceedings” (David Sears QC, Crispin Winser and Joshua Brown), The Society of Construction Law
Bar Professional Training Course (2016-2017): City Law School
Graduate Diploma in Law (2015-2016): City Law School
MPhil, Merton College, University of Oxford (2013-2015)
BA (Hons), Merton College, University of Oxford (2010-2013), First Class