Michael’s practice draws on significant prior experience. Before joining Chambers Michael: was the Judicial Assistant to Lady Justice Gloster; worked on (what became) the Insurance Act 2015 at the Law Commission; tutored in Commercial Law at the University of Oxford; and assisted a solicitors’ firm specializing in commercial litigation, including cases at all higher Court levels.
This followed undergraduate and BCL degrees at the University of Oxford (the latter on a faculty scholarship) and the BPTC, during which he won multiple prizes.
Michael is comfortable acting as sole Counsel, and regularly appears in a variety of hearings spanning the range of Chambers’ work. Alongside this, Michael prides himself on working effectively as part of a team. Current or recent examples include a £300m professional negligence dispute and a £4m insurance coverage claim, acting for 30 Lloyd’s syndicates.
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2019
- Crown Office Chambers welcomes new tenant
- BCL, University of Oxford
- BA Hons, University of Oxford
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Graduate Fund Scholarship, Oxford Law Faculty