Josh has a busy professional negligence practice. His current and recent instructions include:
- Advising, settling a defence and a successful application for strike out/summary judgment in a breach of contract and professional negligence claim against property surveyors;
- Advising insurer clients and settling Particulars of Claim with respect to an electricity failure at commercial premises against multiple defendants;
- Settling a Letter of Response and advising a solicitors’ firm with respect to professional negligence allegations concerning multiple dwellings relief from stamp duty on a conveyance;
- Advising and drafting a Defence to a claim alleging solicitors’ negligence concerning advice as to a forfeiture covenant in a lease;
- Acting on behalf of a management company resisting an injunction application seeking interim performance of alleged contractual obligations.
Selected CasesView full profile »
Winner of the Times Law Awards (2016): First Prize Essay on “Does Europe need a new legal framework to tackle the crisis of mass migration?”
Winner of the Maitland Advocacy Prize (2015), contesting the matter of European Ventures LLP & others v Cedar Capital Partners LLC  UKSC 45.
Gray’s Inn (2016): Bedingfield Scholarship.
Gray’s Inn (2015): CPE/GDL Award.
City Law School (2015): GDL Scholarship.
Bar Professional Training Course (2016-2017): City Law School
Graduate Diploma in Law (2015-2016): City Law School
MPhil, Merton College, University of Oxford (2013-2015)
BA (Hons), Merton College, University of Oxford (2010-2013), First Class