Josh is regularly instructed in relation to commercial disputes across Chambers’ areas of practice, including sale of goods, services contracts, agency, bailment, debt claims, as well as claims involving breach of fiduciary duty and breach of warranty. Josh’s current and recent instructions include:
- Settling Particulars of Claim seeking the return of high-value jewellery and related declarations following its alleged conversion by a third party;
- Drafted Particulars of Claim on behalf of an executor for the return of monies to the estate, involving issues of breach of trust, undue influence and capacity;
- Acted for debt recovery agents in a successful summary judgment application dismissing a claim for breach of contract and harassment;
- Advised and settled Particulars of Additional Claim alleging breach of warranty, negligent misstatement and breach of contract in proceedings relating to the removal of timber from the claimant’s land;
- Advised and settled a Defence and Particulars of Additional Claim in High Court proceedings involving contractual interpretation of a ‘disaster management’ agreement and various indemnity provisions;
- Advising on disputes relating to the Construction Plant Hire Association (CPA) terms, including issues of incorporation and exclusion / limitation clauses;
- Advising with respect to a claim for unpaid commission;
- Advising and drafting Particulars of Claim in respect of an allegedly defective car;
- Settling defences to sale of goods and services claims involving issues of contractual interpretation and reliance on various provisions of the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- Settling a Defence to a claim concerning an alleged defective shower unit;
- Settled a Reply in a contractual dispute raising issues concerning bailment and incorporation of terms;
- Settled a Defence to a claim for alleged unpaid fees involving issues of oral variations and/or collateral agreements.
Selected CasesView full profile »
Winner of the Times Law Awards (2016): First Prize Essay on “Does Europe need a new legal framework to tackle the crisis of mass migration?”
Winner of the Maitland Advocacy Prize (2015), contesting the matter of European Ventures LLP & others v Cedar Capital Partners LLC  UKSC 45.
Gray’s Inn (2016): Bedingfield Scholarship.
Gray’s Inn (2015): CPE/GDL Award.
City Law School (2015): GDL Scholarship.
- An Exercise in Utility: Liquidators Adjudicating Construction Disputes
- Extensions of time and adjournment during COVID-19: Muncipio De Mariana & Ors v BHP Group Plc and BHP Group Ltd  EWHC 928 (TCC) (20 April 2020)
Bar Professional Training Course (2016-2017): City Law School
Graduate Diploma in Law (2015-2016): City Law School
MPhil, Merton College, University of Oxford (2013-2015)
BA (Hons), Merton College, University of Oxford (2010-2013), First Class