Michael frequently acts in relation to property damage matters. Michael has a particular interest in relation to quantum issues and always seeks to pursue the effective commercial solution.
- Settling Particulars and advising on settlement in a substantial claim against a driver and their motor insurer. The property required extensive remedial works, with subrogating insurers relying on the legitimacy of the loss adjusters’ conclusions.
- Building damage caused by tree roots and subsidence.
- Subsidence and nuisance claims arising from a water leak.
As a pupil, Michael assisted on matters including:
- Hiscox v Precious Marble and TPN Electrical  EWHC 3585 (TCC). 6-day trial concerning property damage arising out of an escape of water followed by a fire. Assisting Daniel Shapiro QC.
- Prezzo v High Point Estates  EWHC 1851 (TCC), Part 8 proceedings concerning the principle in Berni Inns. Assisting Daniel Shapiro QC.
- Two-day multi-track trial of a claim against a landlord for property damage and personal injuries arising out of a residential house fire. Assisting Matthew Boyle.
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2019
- Crown Office Chambers welcomes new tenant
- BCL, University of Oxford
- BA Hons, University of Oxford
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Graduate Fund Scholarship, Oxford Law Faculty