Ivor’s practice covers a broad range of commercial/business and general common law disputes.
In amongst his broad practice, Ivor specialises in insurance (policy disputes and wording, fraudulent claims, and claims involving brokers and underwriters). He also has substantial professional indemnity litigation experience which spans most professions but particularly construction (such as surveyors’, engineers’ and architects’ negligence cases) and law.
- Chambers UK Bar Awards 2019 Nominations
- Crown Office Chambers are delighted to welcome Ivor Collett and Nicola Atkins
- Lincoln College, Oxford (1993 BA(Hons))
- City University, London (1994, PGDip in Law)
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association (Executive Committee)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Member of the Bar Council
Legal 500 2018
Professional negligence – leading juniors – Tier 3- ‘His straight talking down-to-earth commercial approach means that he doesn’t waste time and he gets straight to the point.’
Chambers & Partners 2019
Professional negligence (Juniors) – Band 3 – A well-regarded junior who regularly handles professional negligence claims relating to professionals in the construction and legal sectors. Additionally, he has considerable insurance expertise and regularly acts for insurers, as well as defendants in professional indemnity litigation. He also sits as an adjudicator. “He is very down-to-earth, approachable, unstuffy and sensible. He can really get on the client’s wavelength.” Recent work: Acted in a claim against LPA Receivers by a property owner for negligent handling of receivership and sale of properties to clear the property owner’s debts to a bank.