Insurance & Reinsurance
Carlo has significant experience of advising on and appearing in proceedings concerning policy interpretation, avoidance of cover for nondisclosure, misrepresentation and breach of notification and other clauses.
Examples of work in this area includes:
- Instructed (with Andrew Bartlett QC and James Medd) in relation to coverage provided by a £5m excess layer professional indemnity insurance policy, following alleged defective design of an office block overseas.
- Junior to Andrew Bartlett QC in a London arbitration relating to coverage under a product liability policy, potentially determinative of claims and various layers of insurance worth up to £300m.
- Various claims involving coverage including for property damage and subsidence. In one such claim Carlo acted for insurers, in England, where the relevant property was situated in Scotland and the English proceedings followed exhaustive judicial review proceedings brought in Scotland; it involves interesting questions of policy coverage, causation, choice of law and jurisdiction.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Substituting parties after limitation period ends: AIG Europe Ltd v McCormick Roofing Ltd and another
- Ben Quiney QC, Carlo Taczalski and Frederick Simpson discuss the recent Judgment on the Ingenious Litigation for Practical Law Company
- Carlo Taczalski successfully defends Arbitration Appeal
- Success in the Commercial Court: Reflective Loss and Joinder
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple (2010)
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple (2010)
- Lovells Examination Prize, Downing College (2006)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Scholarship (2005 – 2007)