Crown Office Chambers credited as a Leading Set in the 2016 Edition of the Legal 500
Crown Office Chambers are delighted to be recognised as a leading set of Chambers again in this year’s Legal 500 UK Directory, Described as ‘a friendly set’, which has ‘enormous strength in depth’ in health and safety, insurance (particularly personal injury) and construction law, ensuring it can field ‘expert counsel at the right level, often at short notice’. Members of Chambers achieved 87 rankings across 11 practice areas, and recognized as “Leaders in the Fields” in 10 practice areas, including:
- Clinical Negligence: “a go-to chambers, where the calibre of clinical negligence barristers is excellent”.
- Construction: “‘excellent to work with’ and enjoys a good standing in the infrastructure and construction arena”.
- Consumer: “‘an established force’ in this field”.
- Costs: “Extremely diligent and user-friendly”.
- Energy: “excellent knowledge of the law and the sector inspires confidence”.
- Health & Safety: “‘maintains a strong and well-deserved reputation’ and is ‘the first port of call’ for large corporate clients involved in very complex matters”.
- Insurance & Reinsurance: “friendly, helpful and very experienced in insurance and reinsurance”.
- International Arbitration: Arbitrators: “A top-flight arbitrator, who is much sought after; he is even-handed, calm and courteous”.
- International Arbitration: Counsel: “‘excellent to work with’ and enjoys a good standing in the infrastructure and construction arena. Members have recently been involved in key cases throughout Africa, the Middle East, the Far East and Eastern Europe”.
- Personal Injury: “‘good strength in depth’ and ‘very responsive’ barristers. The set is recommended for its strengths in stress and disease claims, particularly asbestos, asthma and vibration white finger cases”.
- Product Liability: “range of expertise…all the barristers have in-depth knowledge of their particular area”.
- Professional Negligence: “praised for its ‘strength in depth’ and ‘first-class expertise’ in professional negligence matters. It is particularly noted for legal, construction and property-related cases”.
The clerks receive praise for providing ‘a very attentive service’ and are led by the ‘business-minded’ Andy Flanagan, who is ‘accessible, friendly, resourceful, and polite in the face of extenuating circumstances’. Two senior team clerks joined in 2015, namely Oliver Parkhouse from Old Square Chambers, and the ‘terrific’ Chris Sunderland from Keating Chambers, who is considered to be ‘a big coup for the set’. The third senior team clerk is Steve Purse, who is ‘forward-thinking and a pleasure to deal with’.