Susan is a chartered arbitrator and is on the CIArb arbitration panel. Susan’s arbitration experience includes accepting arbitral appointments at the request of the parties. She has also acted as party representative in arbitrations, acting in M&E, professional fees and other disputes. She was instructed as a Treasury Junior defending a final account claim brought against the Ministry of Defence for in excess of £80M that encompassed numerous separately pleaded sub claims.
- Royal Bank of Scotland v Chandra  EWHC 105 (Ch);  1 Lloyd’s Rep 677 – Duties owed by bank to sureties of customer’s liabilities under building contract.
1987 — BSc Architecture University College London, Bartlett School of Architecture
1990 — Diploma in Architecture University College London, Bartlett School of Architecture; Awarded the Owings Travel Scholarship
1992 — Chartered architect
1994 — MSc Construction Law Kings College London and Arbitration; Awarded Bickerdike-Allen Prize
1997 — Called to the Bar
1999 — Inner Temple Pegasus Scholarship to Hong Kong
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Chartered member of the Royal Institute of British Architects, and Chair of the RIBA President’s
- Advisory Committee on Dispute Resolution (which has oversight of the RIBA ADR Panels)
- Technology and Construction Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (Freeman)