Susan is a chartered arbitrator and is on the CIArb arbitration panel. Susan’s arbitration experience includes accepting arbitral appointments at the request of the parties. She has also acted as party representative in arbitrations, acting in M&E, professional fees and other disputes. She was instructed as a Treasury Junior defending a final account claim brought against the Ministry of Defence for in excess of £80M that encompassed numerous separately pleaded sub claims.
- Royal Bank of Scotland v Chandra  EWHC 105 (Ch);  1 Lloyd’s Rep 677 – Duties owed by bank to sureties of customer’s liabilities under building contract.
In 2017 Susan was appointed as an Examiner of the Court by the Lord Chancellor. Court Examiners conduct proceedings on behalf of the court when the court orders a witness to be examined before trial, for example because the witness is too ill to attend court or because their examination has been requested by a foreign court.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Kim Franklin QC C.Arb FCIArb and Susan Lindsey C.Arb FCIArb to join CIArb International Women’s Day event
1987 — BSc Architecture University College London, Bartlett School of Architecture
1990 — Diploma in Architecture University College London, Bartlett School of Architecture; Awarded the Owings Travel Scholarship
1992 — Chartered architect
1994 — MSc Construction Law Kings College London and Arbitration; Awarded Bickerdike-Allen Prize
1997 — Called to the Bar
1999 — Inner Temple Pegasus Scholarship to Hong Kong
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects
- Member RIBA Standards Committee
- Former Chair RIBA President’s Advisory Committee on Dispute Resolution
- Member ICE Dispute Resolution Panel
- Technology and Construction Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Worshipful Company of Arbitrators (Freeman)
- Governor of Morley College London