During pupillage seats with Helen Pagett, Jack Macaulay and David Myhill, Sophie was exposed to a wide range of clinical negligence and personal injury claims. This included:
- Drafting a counter-schedule and providing advice on settlement parameters in case involving a delayed breast cancer diagnosis (during pupillage).
- Drafting a counter-schedule for the settlement of a claim brought under the Fatal Accidents Act 1976 (during pupillage).
Her own recent work includes:
- Representing a school in relation to a teacher bringing a COVID-19 related claim against her employer.
As a judicial assistant, Sophie assisted Nicola Davies LJ in a mesothelioma claim which assessed a widow’s dependency where the deceased had built up a substantial family business: Paramount Shopfitting Company v Rix  EWCA Civ 1172.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- BA in History – First Class, Jesus College, University of Cambridge
- GDL (Distinction), LPC (Distinction) and Bar Transfer Test, BPP University