Anthony Lavers spent 21 years at global law firm White & Case, where he was Counsel in the Construction and Engineering Group of the London office. He provided research and advice on both contentious and noncontentious matters in more than 25 countries worldwide, mainly in Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. His last significant role was as advocate in an international arbitration in Latin America. Anthony also delivered English law training across the network of White & Case’s European offices. While at the firm he co-authored the leading text ‘FIDIC Contracts: Law and Practice’.
Since 2016, Anthony has been Visiting Professor of Law at King’s College, London, where he teaches on the Masters programme in the Centre of Construction Law. He also gives regular visiting lectures at Cambridge University, the University of Stuttgart and the Architectural Association.
Anthony has given conference papers and seminars in over 35 countries around the world, including presentations to European Society of Construction Law Annual Conferences since 2006 in Stockholm, Athens, Prague, Liege, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan, Vienna, Fribourg, Bucharest, Delft and Sofia.
- FRICS, 2008
- D.Litt, University of Portsmouth, 2006
- MRICS, 2001
- Barrister (Lincoln’s), 1997
- Ph.D, National University of Singapore, 1988
- M.Phil, University of Southampton, 1980
- LLB, University College London, 1978
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCI.Arb)
- Society of Construction Law
- Society of Construction Arbitrators
- Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
- Technology and Construction Bar Association