Outside of work, Katie has always been a keen sportswoman, having played rugby union from a young age. She was commended for her ability pursue both academic and sporting excellence in tandem, when she was awarded the Sir Roger Bannister Scholarship by Pembroke College. Katie was awarded 3 Full Blues from Oxford, before captaining the Club to the first double Varsity victory in a decade in 2013. She went onto to represent Great Britain in the Tag Rugby World Cup in December 2015.
Katie is now enjoying developing a Sports Law practice and has recently:
- Successfully defended an amateur youth sports club against a claim for the refund of subscription fees paid by a parent where the parent’s main complaint was that his child was not given enough game time;
- Been instructed in respect of the defence of a claim which raises issues of the recoverability of damages for loss of an amateur international sporting career consequent on personal injury.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- The Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- Detailed risk assessments and manual handling – Stewart v Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 2091
- BPTC, Outstanding
- BA (Hons) Oxon, First Class
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Roger Bannister Scholarship, Pembroke College
- Pembroke College Exhibition
“A rising star who has really strengthened the junior end of her set.”
Rising Star, Legal 500 2021