Juliet has experience of a wide variety of property damage matters, in particular tree root subsidence claims, underground cable strike claims, flooding and fire.
- Advised an insurer as to the prospects of a successful claim for compensation against a police authority under the Riot (Damages) Act 1886 in relation to commercial property damage.
- Successfully defended a local authority at trial in claim arising from damage to private property during Storm Imogen in 2016.
- Settled Particulars of Claim in a claim arising from a fire at agricultural premises which caused the damage of extensive grain stock.
- Settled Defences in two separate claims arising from a fire at catering premises blamed on inadequate commercial cleaning.
- Acted on behalf of a local authority in a claim arising from the flooding of a historic church allegedly caused by a failure to maintain public drains.
- Settled Particulars of Claim in a claim concerning damage caused subsequent to alleged misrouting of sewerage connections within a business park development.
- Acted on behalf of a county council in relation to alleged subsidence caused by reprofiling of a drainage culvert.
- Instructed in relation to litigation concerning sailing boats moored in a marina, in which it was alleged that metal filings generated by nearby construction works had damaged the decks.
- Settled Particulars of Claim regarding the failure of an electrical installation within a petrol station complex which resulted in property damage and extensive economic loss.
- Settled a Defence and advised a private sports club in relation to flooding allegedly caused by insufficient drainage provision on the club’s land.
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- 25 for 25: The Pro Bono Challenge
- Juliet Stevens represents family at a three-day inquest: Regulation 28 Reports made and doctor referred to GMC
- The cost of commercial surrogacy abroad is a recoverable head of loss: Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v XX  UKSC 14
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)
‘Juliet is excellent at navigating complex medical and legal issues. She is insightful and thorough and provides clear, no-nonsense advice to her clients.’
Leading Junior, Legal 500, 2023
‘Attention to detail, excellent understanding of technical legal issues and all round great advocate.’
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2023
“She has a good grasp of scientific and statistical concepts. She gets on well with clients and witnesses.”
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2022
“An up-and-coming junior in the product liability field.”
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2021