Juliet has experience of a wide variety of property damage matters, in particular tree root subsidence claims, underground cable strike claims, flooding and fire.
- Advised an insurer as to the prospects of a successful claim for compensation against a police authority under the Riot (Damages) Act 1886 in relation to commercial property damage.
- Successfully defended a local authority at trial in claim arising from damage to private property during Storm Imogen in 2016.
- Settled Particulars of Claim in a claim arising from a fire at agricultural premises which caused the damage of extensive grain stock.
- Settled Defences in two separate claims arising from a fire at catering premises blamed on inadequate commercial cleaning.
- Acted on behalf of a local authority in a claim arising from the flooding of a historic church allegedly caused by a failure to maintain public drains.
- Settled Particulars of Claim in a claim concerning damage caused subsequent to alleged misrouting of sewerage connections within a business park development.
- Acted on behalf of a county council in relation to alleged subsidence caused by reprofiling of a drainage culvert.
- Instructed in relation to litigation concerning sailing boats moored in a marina, in which it was alleged that metal filings generated by nearby construction works had damaged the decks.
- Settled Particulars of Claim regarding the failure of an electrical installation within a petrol station complex which resulted in property damage and extensive economic loss.
- Settled a Defence and advised a private sports club in relation to flooding allegedly caused by insufficient drainage provision on the club’s land.
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- Juliet Stevens represents family at a three-day inquest: Regulation 28 Reports made and doctor referred to GMC
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2019
- The cost of commercial surrogacy abroad is a recoverable head of loss: Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v XX  UKSC 14
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)