Juliet’s professional liability practice covers a wide range of disciplines, with a particular emphasis on claims against legal and construction professionals.
- Instructed as sole counsel in a claim valued at £1.25 million against a leading structural and civil engineering consultancy. The claim concerned a property which sustained significant structural damage during basement construction works.
- Acted on behalf of a firm of solicitors in a claim in which it was alleged that earlier proceedings had been compromised contrary to the claimant’s instructions.
- Acted on behalf of claimants in a Japanese Knotweed claim against a building surveyor.
- Settled a Defence in a claim against conveyancing solicitors concerning the scope of an overage clause in the transfer of undeveloped land.
- Advised a firm of conveyancing solicitors as to pre-action tactics and settling a Letter of Response in relation to allegations that the firm had failed to adequately advise a purchaser as to his stamp duty land tax (SDLT) liability, and had further failed to take steps to minimise the same.
- Advised and drafted pleadings in claims in which it was alleged that conveyancing solicitors had failed to apply for SDLT multiple dwellings relief (MDR).
- Settled a Defence in claim against a law firm in which it was alleged that failures to adequately conduct personal injury litigation had led to the strike out of a meritorious claim.
- Settled a Defence in a claim against a law firm where it was alleged that, but for a failure to negotiate a standstill agreement, a claim pleaded at c.£290k but with poor prospects of success would have settled pre-action.
Juliet is a member of the Professional Negligence Bar Association.View full profile »
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- Juliet Stevens represents family at a three-day inquest: Regulation 28 Reports made and doctor referred to GMC
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2019
- The cost of commercial surrogacy abroad is a recoverable head of loss: Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v XX  UKSC 14
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)
“An up-and-coming junior in the product liability field.”
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2021