‘Attention to detail, excellent understanding of technical legal issues and all round great advocate.’ Rising Star, Legal 500, 2023
“She has a good grasp of scientific and statistical concepts. She gets on well with clients and witnesses.” Rising Star, Legal 500, 2022
“An up-and-coming junior in the product liability field.” Rising Star, Legal 500, 2021
Juliet has a particular interest in claims involving pharmaceuticals, medical products and devices. She has extensive experience analysing the methodologies and conclusions of drug trials and large scale epidemiological studies.
- The Seroxat Group Litigation (2019-2020) – Instructed as junior counsel in the Seroxat Group Litigation in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal, led by Michael Kent KC. This litigation was listed in The Lawyer magazine’s “Top 20 Cases of 2019”.
- EG v Groupama (2018) – Instructed as junior counsel, led by Alexander Antelme KC and Andrew Davis, in a case concerning a fatal accident in France caused by the failure of a lorry tire. The Claimant advanced a claim for over 90 million euros. The claim gave rise to issues of product liability, relevant French law and quantification.
- As sole counsel she successfully defended a manufacturer at trial, where it was alleged that a leading pet training device was defective.
- Advised on EU regulation of car fuel tanks in relation to litigation arising from a car fire which caused catastrophic injury.
- The Metal-on-Metal hip litigation (2017) – While a pupil, assisted Alexander Antelme KC and David Myhill with the Pinnacle Metal-on-Metal hip group litigation.
Further, Juliet assisted with the updating of the chapter concerning Multi-Party Actions in Bullen & Leake & Jacob’s Precedents of Pleadings, published in December 2019 (19th Edition) by Sweet & Maxwell.View full profile »
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- 25 for 25: The Pro Bono Challenge
- Juliet Stevens represents family at a three-day inquest: Regulation 28 Reports made and doctor referred to GMC
- The cost of commercial surrogacy abroad is a recoverable head of loss: Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v XX  UKSC 14
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)
‘Juliet is excellent at navigating complex medical and legal issues. She is insightful and thorough and provides clear, no-nonsense advice to her clients.’
Leading Junior, Legal 500, 2023
‘Attention to detail, excellent understanding of technical legal issues and all round great advocate.’
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2023
“She has a good grasp of scientific and statistical concepts. She gets on well with clients and witnesses.”
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2022
“An up-and-coming junior in the product liability field.”
Rising Star, Legal 500, 2021