Juliet is instructed by both claimants and defendants in relation to industrial disease claims.
She has experience of a range of occupational disease litigation, but in particular noise induced hearing loss matters. Her background as a doctor proves invaluable when assessing the expert medical reports in these cases, and she is well versed in the interpretation of audiograms using the 2015 Lutman, Coles and Buffin Guidelines.
In cases where the last relevant exposure is many years prior to issue, Juliet is adept at analysing the historic medical and occupational records, and cross examining on the matter of limitation.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Queen Mother’s Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2015
- Prize winner, Marion Simmons QC Essay Competition, Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers, 2015
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple, 2014
- Highest ranked novice debating pair (team and individual speaker scores) at the Inner Temple IV Moot, 2014
- Excellence in Leadership Award, London Medical Deanery, 2011
- Proxime accessit, Final Medical Examinations, University of Oxford, 2010
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Hertford College, University of Oxford, 2005-07
- Crown Office Chambers feature in three of The Lawyers Top 20 cases of 2019
- Settlement in JR v Sheffield Hospitals: Roberts v Johnstone remains in suspended animation
- Appealing findings made by the TCC: guidance from the Court of Appeal
- High value interim payment applications with a negative discount rate
- BPTC, City University (2016)
- GDL (Distinction), City University (2015)
- Part 1 Membership Examination, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2011)
- Medicine BM BCh (Distinction), University of Oxford (2010)
- Medical Sciences MA (First Class), University of Oxford (2007)