Insurance & Reinsurance
Ranked as ‘Leading Junior’ in Legal 500 (since before 2009)
Extensive experience in cases involving policy disputes and non-disclosure in personal and commercial policies, particularly professional indemnity, motor, fire, holiday and personal accident policies and film finance insurance.
- HLB Kidsons v Lloyds Underwriters  Lloyd’s Rep IR 178,  1 Lloyd’s Rep 8 (CA) – Concerning timing of notification of claims under accountants’ professional indemnity policy and whether condition precedent.
- Bankers Insurance Co v South  I Lloyd’s Rep IR 1 – Concerning issues of whether holiday policy covered liability for jet ski accident, whether notification term a condition precedent, effect of Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1994 – whether breach of condition precedent entitled insurers to avoid in absence of prejudice.
- Bankers Insurance Co Ltd v South and Gardner  Lloyd’s Rep IR 1 – Whether a jet ski fell within the definition of a waterborne craft and the consequences of failure to notify insurers of the incident.
- Kincardine Fisheries v Sunderland Marine Mutual Insurance (CA) The Times 12.2.97,  CLY 3363 – Construction of fish farm insurance policy – claim against brokers and insurers.
- Theodore Goddard v Fletcher King  2 EGLR 131 – Liabilities of solicitor and surveyor for drafting of defective lease.
- The Supreme Court provides clarity on causation in professional negligence claims
- Perry v Raleys Solicitors – Permission to appeal to the Supreme Court is granted
- Perry v Raleys Solicitors: the Supreme Court reviews Allied Maples
- John Greenbourne represents successful Claimant in the Court of Appeal in VWF Professional Negligence case
- Holt Scholar, Gray’s Inn
- MA (Cantab)
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
‘Thorough, analytical and good on his feet.’
Insurance and reinsurance – Leading juniors (Legal 500 2017)
‘He has an incredible attention to detail, leaving no stone unturned.’
Personal injury – Leading juniors (Legal 500 2017)
Professional negligence – Leading juniors (Legal 500 2017)
‘he provides thoroughness and a rigorous test of the evidence’ and ‘superb attention to detail and preparation’ and ‘a master of detail and also very good on his feet’
'Leading Junior' (Legal 500 2016)
‘very experienced in policy disputes and issues regarding non-disclosure in policies’ and ‘he has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the law and is very approachable’ and ‘a thorough and enthusiastic barrister, who is a formidible drafter and good on his feet’
'Leading Junior' (Legal 500 2015)
‘thorough analysis and fierce advocacy’
'Leading Junior' (Legal 500 2014)
(Legal 500 2013)
'Leading Junior' (Legal 500 2012)
‘very capable and good on his feet’
'Leading Junior' (Legal 500 2011)
‘a leader in the field’
‘Leading Junior’ (Legal 500, 2010)
“should be in silk”
‘Leading Junior’ (Legal 500, 2009)