Inquests & Public Inquiries
- Re the death of Michael Lawrence; Mitchells and Butler Ltd – Represented national brewery chain in Article 2 inquest in connection with death of pub goer restrained by door supervisors; death through positional asphyxia and co-extensive medical conditions.
- Re the death of construction worker; CMF Ltd – Represented metal fabrication company in connection with death of construction worker crushed by falling stair case section.
- Re the death of 4 workers at a construction site in Lowestoft – Represented the company that employed four ground workers killed when metal cage collapsed during erection.
- Re the death of a 9 month old child – Represented nursery and nursery workers in tragic case involving the death of a 9 month old child who choked to death on cottage pie on third day at nursery.
- Re the death of a 3 year old child – Represented nursery manager in connection with the death of a young child who choked to death on raw jelly used for play purposes.
- Re the death of master Daniel Stickland – Represented special needs school in connection with the death of boy diagnosed with epilepsy while boarder at special school.
- Re the death of A West – Represented division of NHS trust in connection with death of patient suffering terminal cancer. Suggestion that patient had been poisoned to quicken death.
- Re the death of Richard Fozard – Represented engineer said to have miscalibrated MEWP that overturned onto M25 killing operator.
- Re the death of railway cleaner – Represented industrial cleaning company in connection with the death of a train cleaner electrocuted when cleaning a train in a depot.
- Re the death of PC Ian Terry – Represented firearms officer who shot and killed fellow officer during firearms exercise.
- Re the death of 7 men in the Morecombe Bay Helicopter Disaster – Represented Centrica PLC at inquest concerning the deaths of two pilots and 5 gas rig workers in Morecombe Bay.
- Re the death of Christopher Heaton – Represented AMEC PLC at inquest relating to death during CDM project.
- Re the death of James Fyfe. – Represented NHS Trust in inquest concerning death of a patient in accident involving medical devices.
- Re the death of John Altoft – Representing Cape Industries in connection with fatality at cement plant.
- Re the death of construction worker – Represented manager in connection with death of a construction worker carried in excavator bucket in yard.
- Re the death of Wendy Williams – Represented Ambulance service in inquest concerning death of motorist.
- Re the death of Mr. X – Represented Forestry commission in connection with worker felling trees.
- Re the death of a teenager – Represented gamekeeper at inquest concerning the death of a motorbike rider in forest.
- Re the death of Mrs A – Represented Marks and Spencer at inquest touching on the death of a shopper at store in South West.
“Jim Ageros QC is very user-friendly, good with clients and good in court” ; “he’s a very decent, straightforward prosecutor. He’s always very impressive.”
Chambers UK 2016
“It’s spectacular to watch the legal arguments he puts together” ; “he is a very smooth, charming and effective advocate.
Chambers UK 2015
“He has an in-depth knowledge of the law.”
Legal 500 2014
“James Ageros successfully splits his time between prosecuting and defending. A well-known expert in the area, he has co-authored a leading book on health and safety. Sources praise his technical brilliance and “supreme understanding of the law – he cuts straight through to the crux of the matter, however complex the facts.” Recently, he acted for Norfolk County Council in defending a prosecution brought against it by the HSE following the drowning of a teenager in a Norfolk broad.
Chambers UK 2013