Adam regularly advises, drafts pleadings and attends court in property damage cases, including fires, floods, cavity wall insulation, and tree roots. He has experience of dealing with issues including pure economic loss, the effect of statutory undertakings, expert evidence, contribution claims, and limitation. He is a robust trial advocate with significant trial experience.
- Advising and negotiating re settlement in a claim arising out of heavy vehicle works on top of a pipeline.
- Advising the claimant on a residential property damage claim against a sewerage undertaker and their independent contractors.
- Providing representation and advice on behalf of a harbour authority in a multi-party claim involving damage to a luxury yacht.
- Advising the claimant homeowner on merits and expert evidence in a six-party dispute as to piling activity on neighbouring premises.
- Advising an insurer as to the merits of a landlord’s defence against two linked cases of tenant property damage, including issues of policy coverage and agency.
- Advising the claimant in a claim involving multiple incidents of flood damage to a high-end fashion outlet allegedly caused by the landlord’s failure to maintain.
- Drafting particulars of claim in a multi-party dispute involving water damage caused by the supply of a defective bath.
- Advising as to the merits of a fire damage claim in a residential property. The case involved expert evidence and insurance policy coverage issues.
- Appearing in the county court on a variety of property damage disputes. In particular, Adam successfully defended a claim in negligence for damage allegedly caused by excessive delay in the repair of a heating system leak.
- Hardwicke, Droop and Shelford Scholarships, Lincoln’s Inn
- Margaret Branthwaite CPE Prize
- BPTC, University of Law, Birmingham
- GDL, University of Birmingham
- BA Hons (First Class), Worcester College, University of Oxford
- Lincoln’s Inn
- Ordre des Avocats Vaudois (Vaudois Bar Association, invited member)
- Federation Suisse des Avocats (Swiss Bar Association)
- Association Suisse de Droit du Sport (Swiss Sports Law Association)