Sahana acts in a variety of commercial cases involving sale of goods, supply of services, the enforcement of guarantees, financial agreements, and company matters. Sahana also has experience of a number of Insolvency Act 1986 applications in both the corporate and personal insolvency contexts.
Sahana was awarded a Pegasus Trust Scholarship in 2018 and spent 3 months in Dubai, split between the DIFC litigation department of a leading law firm and the registry of the DIFC Courts.
- Lynch v Cadwallader and Anor  EWHC 328 (Ch) – acting as junior counsel in a s.303 Insolvency Act 1986 application challenging a proof of debt pursuant to a contract of guarantee worth over £1 million.
- Acting as junior counsel in a USD 5 million LCIA arbitration regarding the provision of services in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising on issues relating to jurisdiction and conflicting dispute resolution clauses in successive commercial contracts.
- Acting on behalf of a variety of businesses in claims for unpaid fees in consumer and business contracts.
- Acting for lenders in disputes arising out of factoring agreements, legal services contracts, bridging finance agreements, and contracts of guarantee.
- Appearing in the High Court and County Court in applications under Insolvency Act 1986 for possession of property, claims relating to transactions at an undervalue, transactions defrauding creditors, validation orders, and applications to set aside statutory demands.
- Advising on a potential defence of undue influence in relation to an unlimited contract of guarantee.
- Acting for trustees in bankruptcy in relation to an application to challenge a declaration of trust as a sham or potential transaction at an undervalue pursuant to s.339 Insolvency Act 1986.
- Acting on behalf of a motor garage joined as a Part 20 Defendant under s.75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 in relation to a claim for breach of a contract to service a car engine.
- Advising on the merits of a claim for breach of contract against a bailee, in circumstances where the bailee was said to have improperly appropriated payments by the bailor towards particular debts.
- Acting on behalf of a lender in relation to a claim under s.75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 involving allegations of fraud and misrepresentation against a company purporting to offer the claimants a time share in Spain.
- BA (Hons) Law with French Law, Christ Church, University of Oxford.
- Certificat Supérieur de Droit Français et Européen (ERASMUS Scholar), Université Paris II (Panthéon-Assas)
- BPTC, BPP University
- Norman Tapp Memorial Prize, Grays Inn
- Internship Award, Grays Inn
- Pegasus Scholarship, Inner Temple
- Jonathan Brock QC Memorial Prize, Runner-up, LCLBA
- International Professional and Legal Development Grant, Bar Council
- Rights of Audience in the AIFC Court
- Fluent French
- Basic Spanish, Hindi and Kannada
- R3 Association of Business Recovery Professionals