Rory has specialised in PI and associated areas of work over the past 11 years. He is an experienced advocate with a caseload that overlaps a number of Chambers’ specialisms. He is instructed to handle cases on his own, or as part of a Counsel team. He has significant Trial experience for his level of call, and has appeared in the Supreme Court as Junior Counsel. During his time at the Bar he has spent time working both in-house and on secondment within various law firms. For further details of work undertaken please follow the links.View full profile »
- Erasmus Scholar (2005)
- St John’s College Cambridge, McMahon Post-graduate law scholarship (2007, 2008)
- Middle Temple Lord Diplock Scholar (2008)
- Pegasus Scholar (Singapore) (2013)
- Rory Holmes obtains strike out/summary judgment of workplace assault claim
- Habib Khan (Respondent) v General Pharmaceutical Council (Appellant) (Scotland)
- Modern and Medieval Languages BA (Hons) (Cantab) (2003-2007)
- La Universidad de Complutense, Madrid (2004-2005)
- GDL (City University) (2007-2008)
- BVC (City University) (2008-2009)
- BVC-LLM (City University) (2010)
- MA (Cantab) (2010)
Before coming to the Bar, Rory read Modern and Medieval Languages at St. John’s College, Cambridge, and at La Universidad de Complutense, Madrid.
He has previously played rugby professionally in Spain, and has represented England Universities XV.
In 2013 Rory was seconded to the commercial department of Rajah & Tann, Singapore, as a Pegasus Scholar, where he assisted on various commercial cases.
Spanish and French