Rory undertakes work in a broad range of clinical disputes. He acts for Claimants, various medical defence organisations and medical insurers. He has acted and advised clients in regards to claims proceeding in both the County Court and High Court. He drafts pleadings, and advises on liability and quantum. He will accept instructions on a CFA basis.
- Acting for a claimant following obstetric failures giving rise to a somatoform disorder;
- Advising a claimant on a ‘secondary victim’ claim;
- Advising a claimant on issues of negligent oncological misdiagnosis;
- Advising dependents on issues of dehydration allegedly contributing to death;
- Advising a defendant Trust on issues of negligent urological misdiagnosis;
- Acting for a GP in a claim which raised issues of fabricated medical records;
- Acting for defendant Trust following delayed treatment of sepsis;
- Acting for various claimants following missed diagnosis of orthopaedic injuries;
- Advising and drafting pleadings for a claimant on issues of consent and surgical negligence arising out of failed knee surgery;
- Drafting pleadings in various high value claims for defendants arising from a variety of treatments, including those where periodical payments are sought.
- Erasmus Scholar (2005)
- St John’s College Cambridge, McMahon Post-graduate law scholarship (2007, 2008)
- Middle Temple Lord Diplock Scholar (2008)
- Pegasus Scholar (Singapore) (2013)
- Modern and Medieval Languages BA (Hons) (Cantab) (2003-2007)
- La Universidad de Complutense, Madrid (2004-5)
- GDL (City University) (2007-2008)
- BVC (City University) (2008-2009)
- BVC-LLM (City University) (2010)
- MA (Cantab) (2010)
Before coming to the Bar, Rory read Modern and Medieval Languages at St. John’s College, Cambridge, and at La Universidad de Complutense, Madrid.
At Cambridge University Rory was part of the Blues squad for Rugby Union and Boxing. He has previously played rugby professionally in Spain, and has represented England Universities XV.
In 2013 Rory was seconded to the commercial department of Rajah & Tann, Singapore, as a Pegasus Scholar.