Rory undertakes work in a broad range of clinical disputes.
He acts for claimants, various medical defence organisations and medical insurers.
He has acted and advised clients in regards to claims proceeding in both the County Court and High Court. He drafts pleadings, and advises on liability and quantum. He will accept instructions on a CFA basis.
Examples of Rory’s work include:
- G v H (2020) – Acting for a dentist following negligent distal canal instrumentation.
- B v W (2020) – Acting for a claimant following failed sigmoid colectomy giving rise to anastomotic leak.
- B v SW AT (2019) – Acting for executrix of the estate following negligent transfer of geriatric patient giving rise to ankle fracture.
- T v O & G (2019) – Acting for a claimant following negligent misdiagnosis and removal of a dermoid cyst giving rise to chemical peritonitis.
- C v C (2018) – Acting for a claimant following obstetric failures giving rise to a somatoform disorder.
- P v B (2018) – Acting for a Claimant on claim involving issues of consent and surgical negligence following failed knee surgery.
- Erasmus Scholar (2005)
- St John’s College Cambridge, McMahon Post-graduate law scholarship (2007, 2008)
- Middle Temple Lord Diplock Scholar (2008)
- Pegasus Scholar (Singapore) (2013)
- Rory Holmes obtains strike out/summary judgment of workplace assault claim
- Habib Khan (Respondent) v General Pharmaceutical Council (Appellant) (Scotland)
- Modern and Medieval Languages BA (Hons) (Cantab) (2003-2007)
- La Universidad de Complutense, Madrid (2004-2005)
- GDL (City University) (2007-2008)
- BVC (City University) (2008-2009)
- BVC-LLM (City University) (2010)
- MA (Cantab) (2010)
Before coming to the Bar, Rory read Modern and Medieval Languages at St. John’s College, Cambridge, and at La Universidad de Complutense, Madrid.
He has previously played rugby professionally in Spain, and has represented England Universities XV.
In 2013 Rory was seconded to the commercial department of Rajah & Tann, Singapore, as a Pegasus Scholar, where he assisted on various commercial cases.
Spanish and French