Claims for and against professionals, including engineers, valuers and surveyors, solicitors and barristers.
- Drafting answers to questions, and a Response, on behalf of a structural engineer in an adjudication arising out of an NEC3 Professional Services Contract. The Adjudicator rejected the claim that the engineer had failed to use reasonable care in respect of ground investigations and the design of piles.
- Acting for the surveyor in a claim arising out a rent review.
- Advising on the construction of a settlement agreement, and the expiry of limitation, in a claim for underinsurance due to allegedly negligent advice by a surveyor.
- Acting for a building control surveyor in relation to the issue of certificates for a building converted into residential apartments.
- Acting for an engineer in an adjudication relating to the design of more than 2,000 precast concrete elements.
- Advising on a claim against solicitors for paying out client money, in reliance on an email, to a bank account set up by a fraudster.
- Acting for consulting civil and structural engineers in a claim for alleged defects and water damage in a car park.
- Acting for the owner of a lorry park with surface and drainage defects claiming damages from the structural engineer and contractor.
- Advising a bicycle supplier on a claim against its former solicitors for failing to advise adequately on limitation, and on a claim for contribution from a supplier in the Far East.
- Advising homeowners on a claim against a surveyor relating to subsidence.
- Defeating a claim in an adjudication seeking £1.9m from a building surveyor in respect of alleged loss following major design changes.
- Representing surveyors / valuers in a case brought by a lender against several solicitors and valuers concerning £8m of claims for alleged negligent / fraudulent valuation of numerous residential properties.
- Rob Stokell is successful in the Court of Appeal
- Robert Stokell, Anna Laney, Daniel Shaw, and Athena Markides to lecture on advocacy at the University of Cambridge
- Robert Stokell of Crown Office Chambers will be speaking at The RIBA flagship event “Guerrilla Tactics 2017: The Power of Small”
- Eastham Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Thomas More Bursary, Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
- Boulter Exhibition (Law), Christ Church, Oxford University
- MA (Hons), Christ Church, Oxford University
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law
- Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association