Claims for and against professionals, including engineers, valuers and surveyors, solicitors and barristers.
- Acting for the surveyor in a claim arising out a rent review.
- Advising on the construction of a settlement agreement, and the expiry of limitation, in a claim for underinsurance due to allegedly negligent advice by a surveyor.
- Acting for a building control surveyor in relation to the issue of certificates for a building converted into residential apartments.
- Acting for an engineer in an adjudication relating to the design of more than 2,000 precast concrete elements.
- Advising on a claim against solicitors for paying out client money, in reliance on an email, to a bank account set up by a fraudster.
- Acting for consulting civil and structural engineers in a claim for alleged defects and water damage in a car park.
- Acting for a contractor responsible for the construction of a basement and the installation of a damp proof membrane, in a claim concerning water damage.
- Acting for the owner of a lorry park with surface and drainage defects claiming damages from the structural engineer and contractor.
- Advising a bicycle supplier on a claim against its former solicitors for failing to advise adequately on limitation, and on a claim for contribution from a supplier in the Far East.
- Advising homeowners on a claim against a surveyor relating to subsidence.
- Defeating a claim in an adjudication seeking £1.9m from a building surveyor in respect of alleged loss following major design changes.
- Representing surveyors / valuers in a case brought by a lender against several solicitors and valuers concerning £8m of claims for alleged negligent / fraudulent valuation of numerous residential properties.
- Rob Stokell of Crown Office Chambers success in Court of Appeal: Calonne Construction Limited -v- Dawnus Southern Limited
- Robert Stokell, Anna Laney, Daniel Shaw, and Athena Markides to lecture on advocacy at the University of Cambridge
- Robert Stokell of Crown Office Chambers will be speaking at The RIBA flagship event “Guerrilla Tactics 2017: The Power of Small”
- Eastham Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Thomas More Bursary, Lincoln’s Inn
- Boulter Exhibition (Law), Christ Church, Oxford University
- MA (Hons), Christ Church, Oxford University
- Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law
- Technology & Construction Bar Association