Product Liability and Commercial
Robert has acted in a wide range of product liability and commercial disputes dealing with issues including sale of goods, supply of services, personal injuries, insolvency, conversion, bailment, breach of directors’ duties, and agency agreements.
- Acting for a supplier of bicycles defending a claim based on an alleged defect in a bicycle frame.
- Acting for a transport company claiming against a lorry repairer for accident damage caused by the defective repair of a lorry’s air brakes.
- Acting in an LCIA Arbitration (IBA Rules) (before Dominic Spenser Underhill) in a case arising out of the carriage of goods by road, dealing with issues relating to the formation of the contract, the letter of credit and repudiation.
- Acting for a major engineer in an arbitration (under the Electricity Industry Arbitration Association rules) relating to the installation and operation of commercial electricity meters.
- Acting for the operator of retail premises in a product liability claim against the manufacturer and the supplier of a commercial refrigerator.
- Acting for a major lorry manufacturer in a product liability case concerning fire damage allegedly caused by a component in a lorry engine.
- Acting for a major lorry manufacturer defending a claim for personal injury allegedly caused by defects in a steering mechanism.
- Acting for a stairlift installer in a product liability claim against the manufacturer.
- Advising the installer of defective diesel generators in respect of a 2.5m claim by way of ICC arbitration against the genset manufacturer.
- Advising a bicycle supplier on a claim against its former solicitors for failing to advise adequately on the effect of the ‘longstop’ under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Rob Stokell is successful in the Court of Appeal
- Robert Stokell, Anna Laney, Daniel Shaw, and Athena Markides to lecture on advocacy at the University of Cambridge
- Robert Stokell of Crown Office Chambers will be speaking at The RIBA flagship event “Guerrilla Tactics 2017: The Power of Small”
- Eastham Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Thomas More Bursary, Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
- Boulter Exhibition (Law), Christ Church, Oxford University
- MA (Hons), Christ Church, Oxford University
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law
- Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association