Michele is frequently instructed in product liability claims and his cases often involve complex technical and scientific issues. Many of his cases arise from property damage caused by fire or flood and he is regularly instructed on behalf of manufacturers, those in the construction industry and insurers.
- Acting on behalf of the defendant manufacturer of prosthetic hips, DePuy International Ltd, together with Alex Antelme and Michael Spencer QC in the DePuy Hylamer Group Litigation.
- Acting for property insurers in a £1m claim in the TCC against the Italian manufacturers of hot water valves to recover damage caused in a series of floods at a prestigious London mansion block.
- Advising a well-known manufacturer of electrical components installed in numerous commercial properties as to potential liability in excess of £1.5m.
- Acting for the defendant high-street retailer in a claim under the CPA 1987 for fire damage caused by an allegedly defective microwave oven.
- Acting for the claimant in a £150k claim against the defendant manufacturer of fittings that were incorporated into the claimant’s shipping container liners. The claimant sought to recover sums paid in settlement of claims from its customers.
- Acting for the defendant candle manufacturer in a claim arising out of a fire at a church.
- Acting for the claimants in a subrogated water damage claim against the Italian manufacturers of hot water expansion tanks.
- Acting for the claimant supplier of concrete in a claim to recover sums paid to third party customers in relation to contaminated concrete supplied by the defendant.
- Acting for the defendant motor vehicle manufacturer in a claim under the CPA 1987 for personal injuries alleged to have been caused by an issue that was the subject of a product recall notice.
- Acting for the defendant manufacturer of a television set allegedly responsible for a devastating fire at residential premises.
- Michele De Gregorio to speak to the Insurance Institute of London at Lloyd’s
- Ben Quiney QC and Michele De Gregorio acting in Rolls Building dispute in the TCC
- MA (Oxon)
- LLM (Distinction), King’s College London
“One of my favourite juniors. He is bright, articulate and easy to engage with.”
Legal 500 2021, Insurance and reinsurance
“He’s very pragmatic, commercial and looks at the bigger picture as well as the legal points.”; “He’s very level-headed and is a team player. Lay and insurer clients also find him very approachable.”
Chambers & Partners 2021, Property Damage
“He is calm and has a fine strategic mind. He is a very impressive and powerful advocate.”
Legal 500 2021, Construction
“His attention to detail is second to none.” “He’s extremely hard-working and diligent.”
Chambers and Partners 2020, Property Damage
“He takes a pragmatic and commercial approach to dealing with claims.”
Legal 500 2020, Insurance and reinsurance
“He has a sector wide experience of construction litigation.”
Legal 500 2020, Construction
“Immensely hardworking, very bright, an excellent lawyer, and very good with clients”
Legal 500 2018, Insurance and reinsurance
“A very reassuring presence in conference and in court”
Legal 500 2018, Construction
“Very impressive. He knows his stuff and is a calm, persuasive advocate” and “Very user-friendly”
Chambers & Partners 2018, Property Damage
“He is bright, immensely hardworking and inspires confidence in clients.”
Legal 500 2017
“Superbly responsive with a terrific eye for detail.”
Legal 500 2016
“Down to earth and very good at calming down heated situations.”
Legal 500 2017