Michele is frequently instructed in product liability claims and his cases often involve complex technical and scientific issues. Many of his cases arise from property damage caused by fire or flood and he is regularly instructed on behalf of manufacturers, those in the construction industry and insurers.
- Acting on behalf of the defendant manufacturer of prosthetic hips, DePuy International Ltd, together with Alex Antelme and Michael Spencer QC in the DePuy Hylamer Group Litigation.
- Acting for property insurers in a £1m claim in the TCC against the Italian manufacturers of hot water valves to recover damage caused in a series of floods at a prestigious London mansion block.
- Advising a well-known manufacturer of electrical components installed in numerous commercial properties as to potential liability in excess of £1.5m.
- Acting for the defendant high-street retailer in a claim under the CPA 1987 for fire damage caused by an allegedly defective microwave oven.
- Acting for the claimant in a £150k claim against the defendant manufacturer of fittings that were incorporated into the claimant’s shipping container liners. The claimant sought to recover sums paid in settlement of claims from its customers.
- Acting for the defendant candle manufacturer in a claim arising out of a fire at a church.
- Acting for the claimants in a subrogated water damage claim against the Italian manufacturers of hot water expansion tanks.
- Acting for the claimant supplier of concrete in a claim to recover sums paid to third party customers in relation to contaminated concrete supplied by the defendant.
- Acting for the defendant motor vehicle manufacturer in a claim under the CPA 1987 for personal injuries alleged to have been caused by an issue that was the subject of a product recall notice.
- Acting for the defendant manufacturer of a television set allegedly responsible for a devastating fire at residential premises.
- Ben Quiney QC and Michele De Gregorio acting in Rolls Building dispute in the TCC
- Commercial Court restrains bank from paying on performance bond
- MA (Oxon)
- LLM (Distinction), King’s College London
“Superbly responsive with a terrific eye for detail.”
Legal 500 2016
“Down to earth and very good at calming down heated situations.”
Legal 500, 2017
“His knowledge of case law and its application is up to the minute.”
Legal 500 2016
“A very strong, capable and down-to-earth barrister with a pragmatic approach.”
Legal 500 2015
“Technically very good.”
Legal 500 2014