Maurice has experience of proceedings under many of the major international institutional rules, including ICC, LCIA and UNCITRAL.
Recent work includes acting as junior counsel for employers in a dispute arising out of an onshore contract in Kuwait worth approximately £125m.
Maurice (along with Roger ter Haar QC and Crispin Winser) was a contributing author of the chapter on Awards in The Guide to Construction Arbitration, published by Global Arbitration Review (accessible here).
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Winner, The Times 2TG Moot (2016)
- Crown Office Chambers shortlisted in eleven categories at The Legal 500 Bar Awards 2023
- Third Edition of GAR’s “Guide to Construction Arbitration” published with contribution from Roger ter Haar QC, Crispin Winser and Maurice Holmes of Crown Office Chambers
- Maurice Holmes acts for PTIOs in tennis anti-corruption hearing
- Maurice Holmes led in arbitration determining the lawfulness of Davis Cup eligibility rules under EU and domestic law
- Levitt Scholarship
- Hardwicke Scholarship
- Droop Scholarship
- LLB (Hons), First-Class
- British Association for Sport and Law