Mariusz has a growing professional liability practice and has gained experience of professional liability issues across a variety of different professions including auctioneers, insurance brokers, managing agents, solicitors, engineers and other construction professionals.
Examples of Mariusz’s work include:
- Drafting the Defence to a claim against an insurance broker alleging a failure to effect insurance to cover the Claimant’s needs.
- Drafting the Defence to a claim brought against a solicitor alleging breach of undertaking and breach of trust in connection with their involvement in the proposed purchase a commercial property.
- Drafting the Defence and advising in relation to a High Court claim brought against letting agents following a failed attempt by a landlord to obtain possession of a property by way of a notice under section 21 of the Housing Act 1998.
- Drafting the Defence and advising in a claim brought against an auctioneer of real estate in a claim concerning the information contained in the auction catalogue.
- Drafting the Defence to a claim arising out of the answers provided by the defendant to enquiries contained in a CON29 Drainage and Water Report.
- Preparing an advice and drafting Particulars of Claim in a claim against a firm of solicitors with regards to its involvement in a fraudulently obtained bridging loan secured by a charge on the claimant’s property (as a pupil).
- Preparing an advice on the liability of a firm of solicitors following the sale of a property under a fraudulently executed power of attorney, raising issues of breach of duty, breach of trust, breach of undertaking, and breach of warranty of authority (as a pupil).
- Advising engineers consulting on design aspects of a major development as to the contractual and tortious duties owed by them in connection with issues of defective design and delay (as a pupil).
- Assisted in preparing advice on the merits of pursuing a rectification claim (for either unilateral or common mistake) following the exclusion of a section of land from a transfer, which left the purchased land landlocked (as a pupil).
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2018)
- BPTC Advocacy Scholarship, BPP University (2018)
- BPTC (Very Competent), BPP Law School
- LLM Commercial Law (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Hons) Law (2.1), University of Cambridge, Downing College