Jack’s professional negligence experience includes:
- Accountants’ negligence, for example a multi-million pound claim dealing with the tax treatment of a solicitor’s CFA work-in-progress (junior to Ben Quiney QC).
- A TCC case in Liverpool arising out of the collapse of a wall on neighbouring land due to lateral pressure exerted by the defendant’s land; the defendant in turn claimed against a third party which provided a geo-environmental engineering report on the land which (allegedly) negligently failed to identify the risk to the wall. The client achieved a very favourable settlement.
- Claims relating to the negligent conduct of personal injury actions, for example advising in a case where the claimant’s solicitors allegedly failed to protect her against adverse costs consequences following late acceptance of Part 36 offers in her personal injury claim.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Chambers is delighted to announce that two members have been appointed to the Attorney General’s London Panel of Counsel
- Jack Macaulay successfully defeats novel limitation argument
- Case insight on Patel: fundamental dishonesty and section 57
- Jack Macaulay considers 2 new high court authorities that demonstrate the willingness of the courts to dismiss personal injury claims
- LLB, Law with European Legal Studies (First Class) King’s College London, 2003-7
- ERASMUS year at Uppsala University, Sweden, 2005-6
- LLM (Cantab) 2007-8
- BVC (Very Competent) BPP London, 2008-9
Lord Denning Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn
Languages: French (intermediate), Spanish (improving), Swedish (basic)