Helen appears at trial and interlocutory matters in fast-track and multi-track cases for both claimants and defendants. Helen has extensive experience of all types of personal injury work.
Road Traffic Accidents
Helen regularly advises, draft pleadings and attends court in road traffic accidents. Recent cases Helen has been instructed in include:
- Several cases involving drivers of scooters and motorcycles. Cases often involved serious head injuries and significant orthopaedic injuries. Helen recently negotiated a 6 figure settlement, pre-litigation, for a 50 year old man who sustained a head injury following a motorbike accident.
- B (Minor) v B (unreported) – settlement of £30,000 for a child injured in a road traffic accident with a facial scar, which included a claim for potential disadvantage on the labour market when an adult
- Fraudulent claims, including LVI and staged accidents.
- Norwich Pharmacal Orders to identify drivers.
Helen is regularly instructed by various local authorities in claims under the Highways Act 1980. She has also represented several large national companies for claims under the Occupiers Liability Act. Recent cases Helen has been involved in include:
- M v CC (unreported) – successfully arguing that the Claimant should bear the Defendant’s costs where pictures of a highway defect were not disclosed until the day before trial.
- PH v LP (unreported) – advising to proceed in an occupiers liability case involving a tripping incident in a Grade 2 listed building. The Claimant subsequently discontinued.
Helen represents both Claimants and Defendants in employer’s liability claims. Recent cases Helen has been involved in include:
- Various cases where employees have “tripped” over steps and floors
- Representing a Defendant at an RTM in a 6 figure claim where the Defendant suffered serious pelvis and urological injuries after a fall at work
- Representing the NHSR at RTMs and trials, including cases where injuries to staff have been caused by patients.
- Cases involving failure to provided PPE or appropriate work equipment
Fatal Accident Claims
Helen is regularly instructed in claims under the Fatal Accidents Act for both Claimants and Defendants. She has successful obtained several large pre-litigation settlements for several bereaved families.
Social Security Tribunal
Helen represents Defendants at the Social Security Tribunal to challenge CRU certificates.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Helen Pagett has been appointed as a Deputy District Judge
- Helen Pagett successfully defends NHS Commissioning Board
- 2007 – 2008 – BVC (Very Competent) Inner Temple Exhibition
- 2006 – 2007 – GDL (Commendation)
- 2005 – 2006 – Probationary Research Student (History of Medicine) University of Oxford Thomas Linacre Studentship
- 2004 – 2005 – MA Philosophy (HPSM) (Distinction) (Dunelm) MA Wellcome Trust Studentship
- 2001 – 2004 – BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences (1st Class) (Dunelm)
Member of PIBA