Inquests & Public Inquiries
Hamish gained wide-ranging experience of this area whilst undertaking pupillage with Farrah Mauladad QC, assisting on a variety of cases including:
- Preparing written submissions to the coroner in relation to whether the procedural obligation under Article 2 European Convention on Human Rights for a Middleton inquest was triggered. The inquest concerned a mentally ill man who had died whilst being restrained by security guards after he had started assaulting members of the public.
- Aiding preparations for an inquest into the death of a young woman who died from a drug overdose. Farrah Mauladad QC represented the therapist who last saw her before she died.
- Aiding preparations for an inquest into the suicide of a woman directly after she had just visited a counselling service.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Buchanan Prize for outstanding performance on the BPTC (Lincoln’s Inn, 2020)
- Advocacy Scholarship (BPP, 2019)
- Tancred Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn, 2019)
- Winner, the Crowther Shield for public speaking (Lincoln’s Inn, 2019)
- Winner, the Crown Office Mooting Competition (2018)
- The Janet Quigley Prize for Middle English studies (Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford, 2016)
- Attacking dishonest evidence: Reeves v Drew & Ors  EWHC 159 (Ch)
- Crown Office Chambers welcomes three new tenants
- BPTC (Outstanding), BPP
- GDL (Distinction), City University
- English Language & Literature (First Class), University of Oxford