Crispin has particular experience of claims against construction, financial services, insurance and legal professionals.
- Williams Tarr Construction v Roylance  EWHC 2339 (TCC) – successfully defending a civil engineer in proceedings concerning alleged negligence in the design of a retaining wall.
- Barnaby v Raleys Solicitors  EWCA Civ 686;  All ER (D) 42 (Jun) – acting (both at first instance and in the Court of Appeal) in a successful claim against solicitors for under-settlement of the underlying claim.
- Successfully defending consulting engineers facing a £7m claim for alleged negligence in the design of the mechanical and electrical fit-out of flagship retail units.
- Acting for corporate Approved Inspectors alleged to have owed a duty of care to the owner of the property they inspected for building control purposes.
- Acting for insurers in the Mercantile Court in relation to the disputed avoidance of a property policy for misrepresentation and breach of warranty and the alleged negligence of the brokers.
- Acting for solicitors alleged to have been negligent in the implementation of a tax scheme.
- Sweett (UK) (formerly Cyril Sweett) v Michael Wight Homes  EW Misc 3 (CC) – representing quantity surveyors alleged to have been negligent in relation to the non-provision of a performance bond.
- Acting for architects facing a £0.5m claim for allegedly negligent design of a residential care home.
- Liberty Syndicate Management v Campagna  EWHC 209 (TCC); 27 Const LJ 275 – acting for technical auditors facing a multi-million Euro claim from the underwriters of a latent defects insurance scheme for failing to detect defects during the construction of houses across Ireland.
- Acting for homeowners in a claim against a surveyor in relation to a negligent building survey.
- Claim against architects for negligent design leading to failure of acoustic tests under the Building Regulations.
- David Sears QC and Crispin Winser to speak to the SCL in Manchester
- Crispin Winser successfully defends negligence claim against civil engineer
- Registered practitioner in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution, King’s College London
- Dip Law, City University
- BA, Bristol University
- British Japanese Law Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA European Users Council & Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Chambers UK 2019: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration: Construction/Engineering
- Legal 500 2018: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration
“Excellent and technically very able. He is very personable and not afraid to roll up his sleeves and work as part of the wider legal team” … “Very responsive and very hard-working” … “He has an impressive intellect and is always very quick to grasp the detail on technical matters. His cross-examination is very effective.”
Chambers UK 2019
“Provides that combination of skills that are key in a senior junior: clear strategy, concentration on what really matters, and strong delivery” … “One of the top junior barristers in the construction/arbitration field”
Legal 500 2018
“A clever and practical construction specialist who is concise, clear and very helpful.” … “Very thorough and commercially astute. A tenacious advocate.”
Chambers UK and Global 2018
“A confident advocate, who goes out of his way to achieve the best result for his clients.”
Legal 500 2017
“Lauded junior whose practice extends from domestic residential development work and PFI matters to large-scale international arbitration. His drafting skill draws particular praise from market. He is incredibly thorough and has an instant grasp of detail.”
Chambers UK and Global 2017
“His excellent style of cross-examination proves effective with witnesses”
Legal 500 2016
“A good advocate who gives concise, practical advice”
Chambers UK 2016
“He’s all the things you want in a cross-examiner – effective in a very measured way and judges the tribunal well”
Legal 500 2015
“very cool and poised and approachable, friendly, responsive and good technically”
Chambers UK 2015
“an exceptional junior with considerable technical skills”
Legal 500 2014
“has a sharp drafting style, is easy to work with, and is committed and responsive”
Chambers UK 2014
“extremely talented” … “can be relied upon to get to the bottom of what matters” … “really hard-working and very enthusiastic” … “becoming an increasingly respected name in international arbitration”
Chambers UK 2013