Crispin is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He acts as counsel in domestic and international arbitrations, particularly in connection with construction, engineering, infrastructure and energy projects and related insurance disputes. The Legal 500 2018 recognises him as “One of the top junior barristers in the construction/arbitration field”.
- $500m ICC arbitration relating to the construction of an international airport. Middle Eastern seat and substantive law of the Middle Eastern state. Appeared as counsel (against leading QC) at 13 day evidential hearing.
- $multi-billion LCIA arbitration arising from an oil and gas project in the Middle East. London seat and substantive law of the Middle Eastern state. Appeared as junior counsel in 2 week evidential hearing.
- $750m ICC arbitration relating to the construction of an international airport. Middle Eastern seat and substantive law of the Middle Eastern state. Appeared as counsel (against very senior QC and juniors) at evidential hearings lasting a total of 65 days.
- $85m ICC arbitration concerning civil engineering works in the Middle East. Middle Eastern seat and substantive law of the Middle Eastern state. Appeared as counsel at 5 day evidential hearing.
- $40m LCIA arbitration arising out of a tunnelling project in the Middle East. London seat and English substantive law.
- $12m DIAC arbitration concerning a construction project in Dubai. Dubai seat and UAE substantive law. Appeared as advocate at 4 day evidential hearing.
- £100m LCIA arbitration concerning an oil and gas project in the Middle East. London seat and substantive law of the Middle Eastern state.
- $130m international arbitration concerning a claim under a project all risks policy following hurricane damage to a hotel and condominium development in the Caribbean during the course of construction. London seat and substantive law of the Caribbean Island. Appeared as junior counsel in 2 month evidential hearing.
- David Sears QC and Crispin Winser to speak to the SCL in Manchester
- Crispin Winser successfully defends negligence claim against civil engineer
- Registered practitioner in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution, King’s College London
- Dip Law, City University
- BA, Bristol University
- British Japanese Law Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA European Users Council & Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Chambers UK 2019: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration: Construction/Engineering
- Legal 500 2018: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration
“Excellent and technically very able. He is very personable and not afraid to roll up his sleeves and work as part of the wider legal team” … “Very responsive and very hard-working” … “He has an impressive intellect and is always very quick to grasp the detail on technical matters. His cross-examination is very effective.”
Chambers UK 2019
“Provides that combination of skills that are key in a senior junior: clear strategy, concentration on what really matters, and strong delivery” … “One of the top junior barristers in the construction/arbitration field”
Legal 500 2018
“A clever and practical construction specialist who is concise, clear and very helpful.” … “Very thorough and commercially astute. A tenacious advocate.”
Chambers UK and Global 2018
“A confident advocate, who goes out of his way to achieve the best result for his clients.”
Legal 500 2017
“Lauded junior whose practice extends from domestic residential development work and PFI matters to large-scale international arbitration. His drafting skill draws particular praise from market. He is incredibly thorough and has an instant grasp of detail.”
Chambers UK and Global 2017
“His excellent style of cross-examination proves effective with witnesses”
Legal 500 2016
“A good advocate who gives concise, practical advice”
Chambers UK 2016
“He’s all the things you want in a cross-examiner – effective in a very measured way and judges the tribunal well”
Legal 500 2015
“very cool and poised and approachable, friendly, responsive and good technically”
Chambers UK 2015
“an exceptional junior with considerable technical skills”
Legal 500 2014
“has a sharp drafting style, is easy to work with, and is committed and responsive”
Chambers UK 2014
“extremely talented” … “can be relied upon to get to the bottom of what matters” … “really hard-working and very enthusiastic” … “becoming an increasingly respected name in international arbitration”
Chambers UK 2013