Caroline is regularly instructed in professional negligence matters. She has experience of dealing with a broad range of professions, including solicitors, managing agents and insurance brokers. She frequently acts in high value matters on her own account.
- Acting in confidential arbitration proceedings against an architect in relation to the development of a grade II listed property in Central London. Caroline is being led by David Sears QC.
- Acting for the defendant in a high value accountants’ negligence action arising out of complex investment schemes. Caroline was led by Ben Quiney QC.
- Acting for the defendant firm in a claim for solicitors’ negligence alleging a failure to identify Japanese Knotweed during a property conveyance.
- Acting for several firms of managing agents said to have breached their duty to manage commercial properties adequately, resulting in claims by third parties.
- Acting for a solicitor-executor in a very complex contentious probate dispute in which it was alleged he had breached his duty to manage the estate. Caroline was led by Dermot Woolgar.
- Acting for a provider of social housing in a brokers’ negligence claim. The broker had failed to notify insurers of a high-value claim for tree-root induced subsidence, leaving it uninsured. Caroline was led by Michael Curtis QC and Andrew Davis.
- Andrew Rigney QC and Caroline McColgan in FCA test case
- Court of Appeal construes important Typhoon Warranty in marine reinsurance contract
- 2 Entertain Video Ltd & Ors v Sony DADC Europe Ltd  EWHC 972 (TCC)- TCC gives judgment in major insurance claim arising out of the 2011 London Riots
- Remote trial or adjournment?
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple (2009 – 2010)
- BVC, BPP Law School (Very Competent) (2009 – 2010)
- Exhibitioner, Inner Temple (2008 – 2009)
- GDL, BPP Law School (Distinction) (2008 – 2009)
- Demyship, Magdalen College, Oxford (2006 – 2008)
- BA (Hons) University of Oxford (2005 – 2008)
“She expertly deals with particularly difficult and robust challenges to her position, whilst maintaining a cool, pragmatic and commercial head.”
Legal 500 2020