Caroline is regularly instructed in professional negligence matters. She has experience of dealing with a broad range of professions, including solicitors, managing agents and insurance brokers. She frequently acts in high value matters on her own account.
- Acting in confidential arbitration proceedings against an architect in relation to the development of a grade II listed property in Central London. Caroline is being led by David Sears QC.
- Acting for the defendant in a high value accountants’ negligence action arising out of complex investment schemes. Caroline was led by Ben Quiney QC.
- Acting for the defendant firm in a claim for solicitors’ negligence alleging a failure to identify Japanese Knotweed during a property conveyance.
- Acting for several firms of managing agents said to have breached their duty to manage commercial properties adequately, resulting in claims by third parties.
- Acting for a solicitor-executor in a very complex contentious probate dispute in which it was alleged he had breached his duty to manage the estate. Caroline was led by Dermot Woolgar.
- Acting for a provider of social housing in a brokers’ negligence claim. The broker had failed to notify insurers of a high-value claim for tree-root induced subsidence, leaving it uninsured. Caroline was led by Michael Curtis QC and Andrew Davis.
- Supreme Court hands down its judgment in COVID-19 test case – Andrew Rigney QC and Caroline McColgan
- FCA Test Case
- 2 Entertain Video Ltd & Ors v Sony DADC Europe Ltd  EWHC 972 (TCC)- TCC gives judgment in major insurance claim arising out of the 2011 London Riots
- Remote trial or adjournment?
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple (2009 – 2010)
- BVC, BPP Law School (Very Competent) (2009 – 2010)
- Exhibitioner, Inner Temple (2008 – 2009)
- GDL, BPP Law School (Distinction) (2008 – 2009)
- Demyship, Magdalen College, Oxford (2006 – 2008)
- BA (Hons) University of Oxford (2005 – 2008)
“She is brilliant – extremely bright, immensely hardworking and very pragmatic. Nothing is too much trouble for Caroline and she is perfectly happy to roll up her sleeves and get stuck in.”
Legal 500, 2021
“Quickly assimilated large amounts of information and provided succinct advice. She was prepared, stuck to her guns under pressure, and artfully deflected some of the more difficult issues we faced.”
Legal 500, 2021
“She expertly deals with particularly difficult and robust challenges to her position, whilst maintaining a cool, pragmatic and commercial head.”
Legal 500, 2020