Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
During pupillage seats first with David Myhill and later with Helen Pagett and Jack Macaulay, Bradley was exposed to a wide range of clinical negligence and personal injury claims, including claims with an element of fraud and/or fundamental dishonesty.
Examples of his work include:
- Instructed by NHS Resolution to draft a defence to a claim brought in respect of a total hip replacement which the Claimant alleged was not indicated and incorrectly consented.
- Drafting a defence in a claim relating to a trip and fall on a private right of way which had been wrongly brought under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957 (during pupillage).
- Advising an insurer on a claim brought against a construction company by a claimant purporting to suffer from HAVS, including on matters of fundamental dishonesty (during pupillage).
- Drafting a counter-schedule and giving advice on settlement parameters in case involving a delayed breast cancer diagnosis with complex issues of causation (during pupillage).
- Advising on matters of coverage in respect of an injury sustained by a casual worker assisting a defendant company with renovation work (during pupillage).
- Advising on questions of dishonest exaggeration of quantum in respect of a workplace injury claim (during pupillage).
- Drafting a without-prejudice counter-schedule for the settlement of a complex claim brought under the Fatal Accidents Act 1976 (during pupillage).
- Advising on the likelihood of success of a claim brought against a major retailer by a former employee for injuries sustained whilst working in its warehouse (during pupillage).
- Advising on quantum and settlement parameters in a complex clinical negligence claim involving questions as to the correct method for valuing the claimant’s business (during pupillage).
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple (2020)
- Winner, Cardiff University Undergraduate/GDL Moot (2020)
- Arteaga Prize for best performance in Spanish Language & Literature, Oxford University (2004)
- Various academic scholarships, Merton College (2001-2004)
- BA, Modern Languages & Literature (French & Spanish – First Class), Merton College, University of Oxford
- GDL (Distinction), Cardiff University
- BTC & LLM (Outstanding, with Distinction in LLM), Cardiff University