Athena has a broad personal injury practice. She is regularly instructed to draft pleadings and applications, to advise on liability and quantum and to represent both claimants and defendants.
- Acting for claimants and defendants in road traffic accidents, including claims involving multiple vehicles.
- Advising and representing employers and employees in EL claims pre and post the Enterprise Act reforms.
- Advising and representing occupiers, highways authorities and claimants in tripping and slipping cases.
- Drafting pleadings for claimants and defendants in mesothelioma and asbestosis claims.
- Lincolns Inn BPTC Lord Denning Scholarship (2010)
- Lincolns Inn Hardwicke Entrance Award (2009)
- Cambridge European Trusts Scholarship (2009)
- Trinity Hall Dr Cooper Law Studentship (2009)
- Trinity Hall Alan King-Hamilton Bursary for Excellence (2009)
- Winner of the Cambridge University De Smith Mooting Competition (2009)
- Winner of the Trinity Hall Law Society Moot (2006 & 2009)
- Robert Stokell, Anna Laney, Daniel Shaw, and Athena Markides to lecture on advocacy at the University of Cambridge
- Athena Markides elected as Vice Chair of the Bar Council Young Barristers Committee
- BA (Hons), University of Cambridge (2005 – 2009)
- Erasmus Exhange, Universiteit Utrecht, Netherlands (2007 – 2008)
- LLM, University of Cambridge (2009 – 2010)
- BPTC, BPP Law School (2010 – 2011)
- European Circuit
Athena is also an elected member of the Bar Council and a member of the Young Bar Committee and EU Law Committee.