William Vandyck specialises in personal injury and industrial disease. He deals particularly with workplace stress/bullying, chronic pain/fibromyalgia, asbestos, and catastrophic injury as well as accident and general personal injury work. His cases include the leading asbestos case of Fairchild v Glenhaven  UKHL 22, and the important limitation cases of Johnson v Ministry of Defence  EWCA Civ 1505 and Malone v Relyon  EWCA Civ 904.
He is an effective performer in court both at trial and on interlocutory matters with extensive experience of conducting settlement meetings.
Previously a Lincoln’s Inn advocate trainer and Editor of Current Law, he has also given evidence to foreign courts as an expert on English personal injury law.
Solicitors’ comments about him include: “An incisive mind and advocacy skills achieve results often beyond expectations”; “A counsel who cares about the result”; “Solicitor-friendly”; “A pleasure to work with”.View full profile »
- Court rules on appropriateness of periodical payments order in asbestos case
- Costs of future treatment in mesothelioma cases
- BA (Hons) , Peterhouse College, Cambridge (Exhibitioner)
- William was a founder member of Crown Office Chambers and lives in Cardiff and London.
- London Common Law Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Member of Lincoln’s Inn