Insurance & Reinsurance
Examples of William’s current and recent work include:
• Writing an Advice for a major insurance company concerning a complex and long-running subsidence claim, which raised some novel points of law.
• Attending numerous credit hire trials on behalf of defendant insurers, in most of which he achieved substantial reductions in the damages payable by his clients.
• Drafting a Defence for an insurer in relation to a claim for losses arising from the allegedly defective installation of cavity wall insulation in a domestic property (as a pupil).
• Drafting a Defence and Advice for a major insurance company defending a claim arising from a large warehouse fire, which engaged several issues in relation to the Insurance Act 2015 (as a pupil).
• Writing an Advice concerning a restrictive covenant insurance policy taken out by a major house builder (as a pupil).
• Carrying out research for Daniel Shapiro KC on the legal meaning of “material adverse change” clauses in M&A contracts, in the context of a major warranty & indemnity insurance claim (as a pupil).
• Drafting documents, attending conferences and a mediation, and researching the law in relation to two substantial Covid-related business interruption insurance claims (as a pupil).
Selected CasesView full profile »
• Lord Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn, 2021)
• Senior Advocacy Scholarship (The University of Law, 2021)
• Lord Brougham Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn, 2020)
• Bar Practice Course (Outstanding); The University of Law
• GDL (Distinction); The University of Law
• MA Music (First Class); King’s College, Cambridge