Victoria has a mixed Claimant and Defendant PI practice. She has advised and litigated across a broad spectrum of personal injury and fatal accident claims of all values, including public liability, employer’s liability, health & safety and road traffic claims. She has ongoing experience of cases involving severe and catastrophic injury, including cases of severe and devastating head injury. Victoria also undertakes industrial disease work and has experience of claims for mesothelioma and asbestos related injury, noise induced hearing loss, work-related upper limb disorders (VWF and HAVS), asthma and stress claims.
Victoria is available for mediations and round-table meetings and will attend client’s offices for conferences. Victoria undertakes CFA cases.
In connection with her personal injury work she appears regularly in Coroner’s Courts and Magistrates Courts for road traffic and Health & Safety prosecutions.
- OCS Group v Davinia Wells  1 WLR 1895 – Nelson J pre-action disclosure of a Claimant’s medical records – on appeal, Nelson J held that the Court at first instance had correctly exercised its discretion under CPR Part 31.16 not to order pre-action disclosure of a Claimant’s medical records in connection with a potential personal injury claim.
- Counsel from Crown Office Chambers successfully defend trial judge’s decision on appeal in cauda equina syndrome case
- Success for Erica Power and Victoria Woodbridge in Clinical Negligence claim
- Darnley v Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- The Civil Liability Bill – Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
- Shelford Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn (1999)
- BA Hons (London)
“An excellent opponent with good analysis and attention to detail. Sympathetic to the needs of a disabled claimant. Easy to work with but strong in negotiation.”
Legal 500, 2021
“She’s thoughtful, well prepared and a very good negotiator.”; “She is excellent on her feet.”; “Her medical knowledge is phenomenal.”
Chambers & Partners, 2021
“Incredibly personable, her quantum analysis is excellent – a joy to work with.”
Legal 500, 2020
“She is very thorough, has a really good bedside manner and is very good with clients.”
Chambers & Partners, 2020