- Henderson v Feldbinder – Acted for successful German lorry manufacturer sued by UK employer alleging negligent design of handrail on tanker. Issues included whether compliance with German safety standard was sufficient.
- Snow & Rock v Bosch, Iveco et al – Acted for Bosch GmbH in relation to vehicle fire allegedly due to negligently designed / manufactured ABS unit.
- Toughened glass panels on new office building spontaneously shattering, claim against manufacturers of panels and against enamel paint manufacturers (£½ M claim).
- Vehicle fires allegedly due to design / manufacturing faults: Cars (2 manufacturers), lorries (2 manufacturers).
- Fires allegedly due to electrical faults in domestic appliances (eg toaster, washing machine, Beko fridge-freezer).
- Industrial glass-handling machine severing engineer’s hand – allegedly defective system of electronic sensors.
- Fire in sauna at leisure centre – claim against sauna designers / suppliers.
- Racing motorcycle wheel shattering.
- Exploding paint canister causing blindness.
- Finger amputated in car park ticket vending machine. Acted for manufacturers. Held: Pre-marketing testing inadequate. Adequate testing would have revealed risk of injury, which could easily have been removed. However, actual risk was so low that a reasonable manufacturer would not have taken steps to reduce it if known. Therefore claim failed.
- Medtronic Sprint Fidelis lead for ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator). Represented the claimant against Medtronic. Claim settled.
- Intervertebral disc prosthesis – alleged defects in design / manufacture causing severe back problems – development risk defence – skilled intermediary. Represented manufacturer. Claimant represented by Barry Cotter QC. Claim settled at mediation.
- Incorrect knee implant – cause of long-term knee problems.
- Fertility clinic – sperm bank – use of sperm with chromosomal abnormality – liability in relation to resulting foetuses / babies.
- Continued success for Crown Office Chambers in Chambers UK 2015 Directory
- Defendant liable to make interim payments in a total of £1.5M
- ADR Accredited Mediator
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
“Methodical and persuasive.”
Legal 500 2016
“He is very detailed and doesn’t leave anything to chance.”
Chambers & Partners 2015
“He’s very approachable and responds very quickly with detailed advice.”
Chambers & Partners 2015
“Highly regarded for his versatility.”
Chambers & Partners 2014
“He provides excellent advice which leaves no room for doubt.”
Legal 500 2014
“Excellent in the courtroom.”
Legal 500 2013