International and Arbitration Disputes
Toby is regularly instructed on disputes involved in arbitrations and disputes involving a cross-border element. He is available to advise on all aspects of jurisdictional, proper law and enforcement issues.
Recent examples include:
- Advice on the transfer of a jurisdiction clause following the statutory assignment of rights under the Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010.
- A v B: Group action brought against insurers relating to substantial business interruption losses caused by COVID-19 (led by Andrew Rigney KC and Caroline McColgan)
- C v D: $10 million LCIA arbitration in relation to a dredging contract between a Bahamian and American Company. English law and English seated arbitration.(led by Carlo Taczalski).
- International fraud claim arising out of misappropriation of funds from Dubai and BVI companies. Issues of jurisdiction and proper law governing the companies.
- Advice on choice of law and jurisdiction in an international sale of goods contract where suppliers domiciled in Germany.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Business Interruption Insurance: Key Points on Causation from the ‘At The Premises’ Case  EWHC 1481
- Crown Office Chambers welcomes three new tenants
- City University, BPTC, 2019, Very Competent; Lincoln’s Inn Denning Scholar (2018)
- University of Bristol, LLB, 2015-2018, First Class