Suzanne has acted in a wide range of commercial and contractual disputes, appearing in the Commercial Court, Queen’s Bench Division, TCC and County Courts. She has particular experience of claims arising out of the sale and supply of goods and services, including agreements for the supply and maintenance of telecommunications and IT equipment. Other matters have involved issues of the use of confidential information, fiduciary obligations and procuring breach of contract.
- Patel v Bank of India (2003) – Junior Counsel in a £6 million claim arising out of the provision of facilities for Forex trading.
- Telecom FM Ltd v Rocom Group Ltd (2003) – Claim in the Commercial Court in Leeds arising out of the supply and maintenance of telecommunications products.
- Irrigation & Agronomics Inc v AGCO International Ltd (2000 – 2001) – Junior Counsel in a Commercial Court claim for £6 million arising out of the distribution of agricultural equipment in Romania.
- On appeal, Suzanne Chalmers upholds trial Judge’s application of the ‘ex turpi causa’ maxim…
- Continued success for Crown Office Chambers in Chambers UK 2015 Directory
- Recorder (2009)
- Awarded Lord Justice Holker Scholarship (1994)
- MA (Hons), Magdalen College, Oxford (1994)
- Commercial Bar Association
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
“Very forensic and thorough in her approach, she is easy to deal with and extremely responsive.”
Chambers & Partners UK Bar 2018
“Proficient in handling property-related and business interruption claims.”
Legal 500 2016
“She provides pragmatic and commercial advice.”
Legal 500 2016
“She is no-nonsense and easy to deal with. She tells you what she thinks and gives good practical advice.”
Chambers & Partners 2015
“Strong for property-related insurance issues.”
Legal 500 2015
“Experienced in insurance, professional negligence and personal injury.”
Legal 500 2014
“Efficient, concise and user friendly.”
Legal 500 2011
“One of the most approachable and practically minded counsel imaginable.”
Legal 500 2010