Inquests & Public Inquiries
Simon is regularly instructed in inquests on behalf of families, insurers and other properly interested parties. He has appeared in numerous Article 2 inquests concerning deaths in custody or hospital and long running jury inquests relating to fatalities in the workplace.
Recent examples of instructions include:
- Representing the interests of an insurer in a two week jury inquest into the death of an employee working for a large electricity provider.
- Representing a prison officer in an Article 2 inquest into the death of a prisoner in custody.
- Representing an ambulance technician, who was made a properly interested party, in an Article 2 inquest into the death of a patient who was not conveyed to hospital and subsequently died.
- Representing a police call centre handler, who was made a properly interested party, in an Article 2 inquest into the death of a young female who was found dead in woodland.
Baron Dr Ver Heyden de Lancey Prize Middle Temple
Certificate of Honour (Middle Temple)
- Crown Office Chambers is delighted to announce the recruitment of Paul Higgins, who will be joining us from Deans Court Chambers and Simon O’Dwyer, who will be joining us from Old Square Chambers, with both becoming full tenants on Thursday 1st August 2019
LLB (Hons) University of Bristol
BVC (Outstanding) 1st in Order of Merit
Harmsworth Scholarship Middle Temple