Sahana has experience of advising and acting in property damage claims arising out of breaches of contractual obligations, negligence and breach of statutory duties. Prior to joining Crown Office Chambers, Sahana gained experience of advising local authority landlords on issues of disrepair in residential properties and breaches of repair obligations in leasehold disputes.
- Acting in a claim under s.1 of the Defective Premises Act 1972 in relation to an alleged leak caused by the allegedly defective construction of an eco-roof on a residential building.
- Acting against the builder and seller of a residential property in a claim for damage caused by subsidence involving breaches of the DPA 1972, negligence and allegations of fraudulent and/or negligent misrepresentation prior to the sale of the property.
- Advising on the merits of a claim for damage caused by a fire at a holiday home in Scotland.
- Acting in claims for damage and business interruption arising out of the escape of water at commercial premises.
- Advising on the prospects of recovery for damage caused by the presence of tree roots and inadequately constructed foundations.
- Norman Tapp Memorial Prize, Grays Inn
- Internship Award, Grays Inn
- Pegasus Scholarship, Inner Temple
- Jonathan Brock QC Memorial Prize, Runner-up, LCLBA – “Forum non conveniens: Is Spiliada still fit for purpose or holed below the water-line?”
- International Professional and Legal Development Grant 2019, Bar Council
- Adjudication and Collateral Warranties – Court of Appeal reverses TCC decision in Abbey Healthcare (Mill Hill) Limited v Simply Construct (UK) LLP  EWCA Civ 823
- Adjudication – a useful weapon for liquidators or a blunt sword?
- LLM International Dispute Resolution, Queen Mary University of London
- MA Law with French Law, Christ Church, University of Oxford.
- Certificat Supérieur de Droit Français et Européen (ERASMUS Scholar), Université Paris II (Panthéon-Assas)
- BPTC, BPP University
- Professional working French
- Intermediate spoken Kannada
- Basic Spanish
- Basic Hindi
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- Society of Construction Law