Construction & Engineering
Prior to coming to the Bar, Sahana worked in the International Arbitration and Construction and Engineering teams of a renowned international law firm, spending time in the firm’s London and Paris offices as a legal assistant and a stagiaire. During this time she also contributed to Studies in European Construction Law (2015), published by the European Society of Construction Law.
- Acting as junior counsel defending a £14 million claim for deceit and/or negligent misrepresentation arising out of the sale of a company specialising in groundworks and soil treatment.
- Drafting pleadings and appearing on behalf of a defendant in a building works dispute involving issues of unjust enrichment and agency.
- Drafting pleadings and acting in a multi-track claim on behalf of a company accused of failing to properly install windows in residential premises.
- Acting in a trial for unpaid sums pursuant to a contract for the renovation of a family property.
- Acting on behalf of a lender following the assignment of a debt for the supply of windows, doors and conservatories to a contractor. The claim was defended on the basis of an entitlement to set-off under contractual warranties given by the supplier.
- When is a Collateral Warranty a Construction Contract? – Toppan Holdings Limited and Abbey Healthcare (Mill Hill) Limited v Simply Construct (UK) LLP  EWHC 2110 (TCC)
- Triple Point Technology Inc v PTT Public Company Ltd – Back to (Commercial) Reality for Liquidated Damages Post-Termination
- LLM International Dispute Resolution, Queen Mary University of London (ongoing)
- BA (Hons) Law with French Law, Christ Church, University of Oxford.
- Certificat Supérieur de Droit Français et Européen (ERASMUS Scholar), Université Paris II (Panthéon-Assas)
- BPTC, BPP University
- Norman Tapp Memorial Prize, Grays Inn
- Internship Award, Grays Inn
- Pegasus Scholarship, Inner Temple
- Jonathan Brock QC Memorial Prize, Runner-up, LCLBA – “Forum non conveniens: Is Spiliada still fit for purpose or holed below the water-line?”
- International Professional and Legal Development Grant, Bar Council
- Rights of Audience in the Astana International Finance Centre Court, Kazakhstan
- Fluent French
- Basic Spanish, Hindi and Kannada
- R3 Association of Business Recovery Professionals