Rosanna has a broad personal injury practice, advising on behalf of claimants and defendants. She has been involved in a wide range of cases including employers’ and occupiers’ liability, highway claims, claims against local authorities and the Prison Service, and harassment and trespass claims. She has dealt with numerous road traffic accident claims including complex multi accident claims with difficult causation issues. She has previously acted on behalf of the Metropolitan Police and for the Treasury Solicitor, on behalf of the Home Office, in respect of claims against the Prison Service.
Interesting cases that Rosanna has previously undertaken include:
- Acting for a Claimant (a protected party) who is severely autistic in a claim arising out of an accident in a swimming pool where he was left unattended by his carers.
- Acting for the Defendant in a contribution claim in respect of an allegedly defective lift at work.
- Acting for the Defendant in a Defective Premises Act / Landlord and Tenant Act claim arising out of the alleged collapse of a kitchen ceiling on to the Claimant’s head.
- Acting for a Claimant who had suffered a severe hand injury and is disabled, requiring significant amounts of care, but was unusually currently earning a higher wage than prior to the accident – successfully settled for a high value at a JSM, despite purportedly damaging surveillance evidence being disclosed by the Defendant.
- Advising, pleading a schedule and settling a thumb amputation case with a contentious loss of earnings claim.
- Acting for the Defendant in a claim where the Claimant alleged an unusual eye injury necessarily resulted in voluntary redundancy.
- Advising in and settling a claim where a young woman suffered a nasty pelvic fracture, fractures to both legs, urological and gynaecological injuries.
- Advising in writing and in conference, and successfully settling a claim where a teenager suffered a fracture to the femur, multiple scarring and psychological injuries where her loss of earnings was particularly contentious because the accident occurred just before her first day of work.
Brain Injury Work
Rosanna is developing her brain injury practice. Cases include:
- Acting as a junior on behalf of a young adult Claimant in a multi-million pound brain injury case arising out of a road traffic accident.
- Acting for a Defendant in a case where the Claimant suffered brain injury when he fell from a scaffolding tower on a construction site.
Fatal Accident Claims
She has been involved in a number of high value dependency claims brought under the Fatal Accidents Act, and has successfully obtained large settlements at JSMs.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- MA Law (Cantab)
- BVC (ICSL, Very Competent)
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple
- Astbury Scholarship, Middle Temple
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association