Rory practice deals with all work related conditions. He has experience of matters relating to asbestos-related disease, occupational asthma, HAVS, WRULD, COSHH, and NIHL. He has a growing practice in abuse, workplace bullying, and stress at work claims.
He advises on all aspects of litigation including limitation, liability, and quantum, either at conference or in writing. He appears at show cause hearings, CCMCs and at Trial. His cases regularly involve the drafting of detailed schedules and counter schedules of loss. He delivers seminars on a range of topics. He has experience of working in-house and on secondment to assist with drafting statements of case.
He is instructed by several of the major insurers on a repeat basis and also regularly carries out work for various Local Authorities.
- Acting and advising in mesothelioma and asbestosis claims;
- Acting for a defendant in an occupational asthma claim where complex issues of medical causation arose following receipt of the medical evidence;
- Acting for a defendant in a stress at work claim following alleged racial harassment in the workplace, which overlapped with previous employment tribunal proceedings;
- Advising various defendants in HAVS, WRULD and COSHH claims;
- Acting for various defendants in NIHL trials on limitation, liability and causation;
- Acting for a defendant in an historic childhood abuse claim giving rise to limitation issues.
- Erasmus Scholar (2005)
- St John’s College Cambridge, McMahon Post-graduate law scholarship (2007, 2008)
- Middle Temple Lord Diplock Scholar (2008)
- Pegasus Scholar (Singapore) (2013)
- Modern and Medieval Languages BA (Hons) (Cantab) (2003-2007)
- La Universidad de Complutense, Madrid (2004-5)
- GDL (City University) (2007-2008)
- BVC (City University) (2008-2009)
- BVC-LLM (City University) (2010)
- MA (Cantab) (2010)
Before coming to the Bar, Rory read Modern and Medieval Languages at St. John’s College, Cambridge, and at La Universidad de Complutense, Madrid.
At Cambridge University Rory was part of the Blues squad for Rugby Union and Boxing. He has previously played rugby professionally in Spain, and has represented England Universities XV.
In 2013 Rory was seconded to the commercial department of Rajah & Tann, Singapore, as a Pegasus Scholar.