Insurance & Reinsurance
Robert’s experience includes coverage disputes, non-disclosure, misrepresentation, late / non-notification, and fraudulent claims.
- Acting for contractors (with Andrew Bartlett QC) in a £10m claim arising out of a fire. Issues include joint insurance and the construction of project insurance policies.
- Acting for the home owners (with Andrew Bartlett QC) in a hearing against the NHBC concerning section 3 of the Buildmark Policy and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
- Acting for PL insurers (with Roger ter Haar QC) in an arbitration before Gavin Kealey QC dealing with coverage, rectification and estoppel, in a claim by a major housebuilder for fire damage.
- Acting for insurers (with Andrew Rigney QC) in an action arising out of a house building policy, with issues relating to coverage, waiver and estoppel.
- Acting for a residential owner in a claim for defects against a major housebuilder based on the NHBC Buildmark Policy.
- Advising the landlord of a large London property on notification and coverage in respect of claims under a PL policy relating to numerous water leaks.
- Advising insurers on declinature based on fraud in a claim for fire damage to the premises of a vehicle maintenance business.
- Advising EL insurers in relation to the identity of the policyholder.
- Advising PL insurers on misrepresentation, non-disclosure and breach of warranty in a claim for damage to a yacht.
- Harrison v Shepherd Homes Limited  EWHC 1398 (TCC) – Acting on behalf of the homeowners (with Andrew Bartlett QC) to defeat an application by the NHBC for summary judgment.
- Rob Stokell of Crown Office Chambers success in Court of Appeal: Calonne Construction Limited -v- Dawnus Southern Limited
- Robert Stokell, Anna Laney, Daniel Shaw, and Athena Markides to lecture on advocacy at the University of Cambridge
- Robert Stokell of Crown Office Chambers will be speaking at The RIBA flagship event “Guerrilla Tactics 2017: The Power of Small”
- Eastham Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Thomas More Bursary, Lincoln’s Inn
- Boulter Exhibition (Law), Christ Church, Oxford University
- MA (Hons), Christ Church, Oxford University
- Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law
- Technology & Construction Bar Association