Insurance & Reinsurance
Robert’s experience includes coverage disputes, non-disclosure, misrepresentation, late / non-notification, and fraudulent claims.
- Associated Newspapers Ltd v Buckingham Group Contracting Limited: (TCC) [ongoing]: This is a c.£10m claim by a newspaper publisher against a building contractor relating to the differential settlement of concrete slabs at a warehouse and production unit, and a claim by the contractor under the Third Party (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010. Robert acts for excess insurers.
- Haberdashers‘ Aske’s Federation Trust Ltd v Lakehouse Contracts Ltd  EWHC 558 (TCC);  B.L.R. 511;  Lloyd’s Rep. I.R. 382;  C.I.L.L. 4121: acting for contractors (with Andrew Bartlett KC) in a £10m claim arising out of a fire at a school. Issues included joint insurance and the construction of project insurance policies.
- Advising the insurers of a building services subcontractor alleged to be liable for an escape of water whether it had the benefit of a project insurance policy.
- Harrison v Shepherd Homes Limited  EWHC 1398 (TCC) – Acting for the home owners (with Andrew Bartlett KC) in a hearing against the NHBC concerning section 3 of the Buildmark Policy and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
- Acting for PL insurers (with Roger ter Haar KC) in an arbitration before Gavin Kealey KC dealing with coverage, rectification and estoppel, in a claim by a major housebuilder for fire damage.
- Acting for insurers (with Andrew Rigney KC) in an action arising out of a house building policy, with issues relating to coverage, waiver and estoppel.
- Advising the landlord of a large London property on notification and coverage in respect of claims under a PL policy relating to numerous water leaks.
- Advising insurers on declinature based on fraud in a claim for fire damage to the premises of a vehicle maintenance business.
- Advising EL insurers in relation to the identity of the policyholder.
- Advising PL insurers on misrepresentation, non-disclosure and breach of warranty in a claim for damage to a yacht.
- Rob Stokell is successful in the Court of Appeal
- Robert Stokell, Anna Laney, Daniel Shaw, and Athena Markides to lecture on advocacy at the University of Cambridge
- Eastham Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Sir Thomas More Bursary, Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
- Boulter Exhibition (Law), Christ Church, Oxford University
- MA (Hons), Christ Church, Oxford University
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law
- Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association