Richard has a well-established practice in the field of professional negligence, particularly in cases involving construction (architects, engineers, and surveyors) and insurance.
- Acted (led by David Sears QC) for M&E contractors in a substantial dispute arising out of the construction of a college.
- Acted in professional negligence claim against actuaries who had advised in matrimonial proceedings.
- Acted for solicitors in professional negligence claim arising out of failed litigation.
- Acted for property developers in a claim against civil engineers arising out of failure to detect presence of asbestos during a ground survey.
- Acted in several claims against LPA receivers and claims of sales of property at an undervalue.
- Acting for residential purchasers in a claims against conveyancing solicitors arising out of failure to obtain deposit protection insurance under NHBC.
- Acting for firm of architects in professional negligence claim in dispute over assessment of final account and allegations of failure properly to administer the contract.
- Acting for owners of a warehouse in a claim against design and build contractors arising out of defects in the design and construction of the roof.
- Acting for property owners in a claim against architects / project managers arising from a failure to carry out an effective restoration of a water damaged building
- Acting for firm of architects in claim involving allegations of negligent over-valuation of contractors’ applications for payment.
- Acting for sub-contractors in c.£4m dispute involving allegations of defective piling / ground improvement leading to the settlement of a leisure centre.
- Acting for Northern Rock in claim against solicitors firm, arising out of negligence in residential conveyancing.
- Acting for building contractors in a c.£400,000 claim following a fire at a listed residential property, involving allegations of negligent construction work and / or breach of contract.
- Acted in professional negligence claim against solicitors firm following negligent conduct of divorce proceedings resulting in dispersal of matrimonial assets.
- Liberty Syndicate Management Ltd v Campagna Ltd  EWHC 209 (TCC); (2011) 27 Const LJ 275;  All ER (D) 62 – Acted as a junior counsel in a three-week multi-million pound professional negligence claim against technical auditors under a latent defects policy.
- Arbitration Club Phillip Ranner Prize
- Kings College Construction Law Association Prize
- Lord Mansfield Scholar (BVC), Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Haldane Scholar (CPE), Lincoln’s Inn
- Success in Metal-on-Metal hip group litigation
- Court of Appeal upholds insurers’ breach of warranty argument in residential let home insurance policy
- BA History (First Class), Oxford University
- CPE (Distinction), City University
- BVC (Very Competent), BPP University
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution (Distinction)
- Technology and Construction Court Bar Association (TECBAR)
- Society of Construction Law
- Adjudication Society
- Young International Arbitration Group
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association (LCLCBA)