Richard is also experienced in general commercial claims arising out of the Sale of Goods Act and the Supply of Goods and Services Act and in claims involving the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- Acting for claimants in claim arising out of a fire at a thatched cottage, and advising on possible claim against insurers under Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010.
- Acted in claim against major delivery company following loss of goods by theft during carriage.
- Acted for insurers on a coverage argument following a c.£2m fire at residential property. Key issues involved whether defendant was engaged in a “private pursuit” at time of fire, and if so whether covered by insurance policy, and application of Third Parties (Rights against Insurers) Act 1930.
- Acting for Imperial Tobacco Limited in a High Court claim against logistics and haulage companies following the theft of tobacco products. Claims include breach of contract, negligence and bailment.
- Bhandal v HM Revenue & Customs  EWHC 538 (Admin);  Lloyd’s Rep. F.C. 343 – Acted (led by Michael Kent QC) for HMRC in excess of £60m claim arising out of fraudulent evasion of VAT and excise duty.
- Premier Waste Management Limited v Towers  EWCA Civ 923;  B.C.C. 72;  1 B.C.L.C. 67;  I.R.L.R. 73 – Acted as junior counsel in the Court of Appeal in a case involving the ambit of directors’ fiduciary duties and the extent of the no-profit rule.
- Arbitration Club Phillip Ranner Prize
- Kings College Construction Law Association Prize
- Lord Mansfield Scholar (BVC), Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Haldane Scholar (CPE), Lincoln’s Inn
- Success in Metal-on-Metal hip group litigation
- Court of Appeal upholds insurers’ breach of warranty argument in residential let home insurance policy
- BA History (First Class), Oxford University
- CPE (Distinction), City University
- BVC (Very Competent), BPP University
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution (Distinction)
- Technology and Construction Court Bar Association (TECBAR)
- Society of Construction Law
- Adjudication Society
- Young International Arbitration Group
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association (LCLCBA)