Paul advises and acts for both Claimants, under CFAs if appropriate, and Defendants in a variety of claims. His practice includes:
- Cerebral palsy.
- Obstetric claims.
- Gynaecology claims.
- Oncology claims.
- Anaesthetic and anaesthetic awareness claims.
- Orthopaedic and neurosurgical claims.
- Fatal accident claims.
- Bailey v Ministry of Defence  EWCA Civ 883,  1 WLR 1052 (CA) – One of the leading recent decisions of the Court of Appeal on causation in a clinical negligence context.
- Inns of Court School of Law (1980 – 1982)
- Diploma in Law, City University (1980 – 1981)
- BA Literae Humaniores (Classics) Great Class I, Universaity College, Oxford (1976 – 1980)
- Employment Law Bar Association
- London Commercial & Common Law Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association
“He is very pragmatic and sensible.”
Legal 500, 2017
“Creative with arguments and new lines of developing case law”
Legal 500, 2016
“In a small group of go-to counsel for difficult liability and causation cases” and “He works hard for his clients and has great attention to detail”
Legal 500, 2015
“He always gets to the bottom of vast amounts of complicated medical evidence” and “He has the knack of getting right to the heart of an issue”
Legal 500, 2014